Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with offset value 0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tetsuken
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:05 am    Post subject: Problem with offset value 0 Reply with quote

I am new to cheat engine, and with alot of enforce manage to make a small memory reader in python ... but i have a big problem and would like some help, if anyone knows.
The pointer found on CE have many offsets ... but when of then are 0 i get a problem, when adding offsets and this 0 (on CE list of offsets) happens my python program just do nothing and go for next offset (and this make alot of sense).
When i compare the address offset by offset from the CE offset list, i saw the address has changes, and then add normally the next offset point.
How i can manage this on python? any one have an idea? Plz help me.
JohnathanSweeney
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It your pointer is not always pointing to the correct thing 100% of the time, then you do not want to use this pointer. You should find a new one.

If you are having trouble finding a reliable pointer, maybe you just need more practice.

If you still cannot find a reliable pointer then you may be forced to hook an instruction and grab the value out of register, possibly in combination with a conditional to make sure you only grab the correct one.

In python you need to check if each level of the pointer points to a valid memory address. The Windows API function IsBadReadPtr() is useful for this, although not perfect. I would first try this on every level of the pointer, only continue walking the pointer chain if it returns false. The WinApi python libs should have this function available
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: