Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trouble with killing myself

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sname
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:29 am    Post subject: Trouble with killing myself Reply with quote

In a video game of course! Anyways I’m having trouble setting my health value to 0 (with the goal of killing myself) it’s a float and I’m able to successfully give my self god more or set my health to 1hp but when I set it to 0 the game just displays it as 1hp. (Which means I’m insta Kill) but I still wanna speed up the process of dying by just killing myself with a key press.

The game is called “Half Dead 2” only doing this for steam item drops (this game drops items on death and it drops a lot of items per hour).
I’ve been using a trainer I made that just has a speed hack so I can just kill myself quickly. But id like to learn/figure out how to kill myself with cheat engine.

If anybody’s willing to give me advice I’d appreciate it. I can also screen share the game or family share if you need more information.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try -1

else you may have to execute the code that deals with damage manually. E.g a code injection at a often ran point that will call the damage health routine

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
sname
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:51 am    Post subject: -1 / code injection Reply with quote

-1 also seems to just change my health to 1.

Is there any good tutorials on code injection for what I’m looking for exactly? (There’s some effects in the game that can kill me. Mainly thinking of a burn status where health drains)

Also thanks for the reply dark!
Csimbi
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound like you want to change a display value - rather than the real value.
sname
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Csimbi"]Sound like you want to change a display value - rather than the real value.[/quote]

believe it or not i actually tried changing the display value alone. it seems the display value doesnt wanna change even if i freeze it. heres a few examples.

4. Gif of my HP display in game. (keeps switching between 1 & 0 with active crossed)

//couldn't add the last 1 because links and mp4 aren't allowed sorry. explains enough though.

edit: this might sound dumb but could i find the code that damages me and apply it to my y cord or something. that way when i jump i die?

I'm new to code injection and assembly editing in general.

b0b1a1587e93fd0844daf1bc4248091c.png
 Description:
3. same thing but with active crossed.
 Filesize:  8 KB
 Viewed:  1286 Time(s)

b0b1a1587e93fd0844daf1bc4248091c.png

a731dd6c283099cd94f8c4471fbf70a5.png
 Description:
2. changing all addresses to 0 at the same time (ctrl + A < change record < value)
 Filesize:  7.72 KB

a731dd6c283099cd94f8c4471fbf70a5.png

cd66cc2394d062248423d75d643a908f.png
 Description:
1. my health at 100 + all addresses i currently have.
 Filesize:  7.54 KB

cd66cc2394d062248423d75d643a908f.png

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: