Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Grab an address from a register after AOB-ing an instruction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cr0w
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 8:36 pm    Post subject: Grab an address from a register after AOB-ing an instruction Reply with quote

Is this possible? I've been using AOB injection to do things like grab instructions that modify HP and such, but when I look at the debugger one or more of the registers for that instruction contains the base address for a data structure I would like to be able to register as a symbol so I can add offsets to it so I have access to all the pertinent things I want to change without going after them individually.

All the tutorials show me I'm supposed to be AOB-ing the address itself, not an instruction that modifies said address, but if the address I'm looking for is in, say, EDX at the time the instruction is called, can't I grab it then and stick it to a symbol? Or am I barking up the wrong tree here?

Code:

[ENABLE]

aobscan(INJECT,29 82 90 03 00 00)
alloc(newmem,$100)
alloc(P1,$4)
registersymbol(P1)
label(code)
label(return)

newmem:

code:
  mov [P1],edx  //this is essentially what I wanna do
  sub [edx+00000390],eax  //original code, edx+390 is current HP
  add [edx+00000390],eax  //I added this line to reverse the dmg
  jmp return

INJECT:
  jmp newmem
  nop
return:
registersymbol(INJECT)

[DISABLE]

INJECT:
  db 29 82 90 03 00 00

unregistersymbol(INJECT)
unregistersymbol(P1)
dealloc(P1)
dealloc(newmem)

The debugger says EDX, ESI, & EBX all contain the address I'm looking for. I just want to save that address to a registered symbol. What am I doing wrong?
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The search term you're looking for is "injection copy".

That code looks fine, more or less. I'd reorganize the script to look like this:
Code:
[ENABLE]
aobscan(CopyHealthInject,29 82 90 03 00 00)
alloc(newmem,$800)
alloc(P1,$4)
label(return)

registersymbol(P1)
registersymbol(CopyHealthInject)

P1:
  dd 0  // pedantic and unnecessary, but not a bad habit

newmem:
  mov [P1],edx
//  sub [edx+00000390],eax
  jmp return

CopyHealthInject:
  jmp newmem
  nop
return:

[DISABLE]

CopyHealthInject:
  db 29 82 90 03 00 00

unregistersymbol(CopyHealthInject)
unregistersymbol(P1)
dealloc(P1)
dealloc(newmem)

If you have more than one script that registers the symbol INJECT, they'll interfere with each other. It's best to give unique names to injection points. Beyond that, I don't immediately see anything wrong with your script.

Perhaps the game didn't execute the code yet? It's not like executing the AA script will immediately populate the P1 symbol. A code injection just changes code. The game still has to run it in order for the changed code to do anything.

Also check and make sure the original instruction only accesses the address of your health (right click in disassembler -> "find out what addresses this instruction accesses"; play around in game a while and see what comes up)

Cr0w
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 11:30 am    Post subject: Solved! Reply with quote

Thanks ParkourPenguin, that was just what I needed. I tried activating the script and taking damage to force the instruction to be called and the register populated properly. Thanks for helping me get over this roadblock! Seems to be working for establishing my offset tree. Cheers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: