Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Computer getting AIDS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HitIer
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject: Computer getting AIDS Reply with quote

holy shit, reading a portion from a book on cybersecurity from uni and looks like AIDS for your computer was actually a thing. So when people say for unverified posted URLs, that this will give your computer AIDS, they actually meant it:

"The first traces of ransomware-like malware were apparent in the computer virus AIDS, first discovered in the wild in 1989. AIDS used methods similar to those of modern ransomware to infect old MS-DOS COM executables by overwriting the beginning of files with malicious code in a way that made it impossible to recover them. AIDS, however, didn’t demand that victims pay a ransom to restore access to the infected programs—it simply obliterated the information without the option of retrieval."

t328163 wrote:
Your username derives from the fact that this site cannot format special characters lol.

t328163 wrote:

lmfao, on reddit i'd get banned
Channel GannoK
pffrt

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What books are you reading? Are you reading all the industry standard stuff or or "discredited" authors? Discredited authors are sometimes where you hear about stuff like this years before it hits the books, though out internet blogs, forums, sites and stuff.

https://guildav.com
THIS IS JUST AN OPINION
Mania Guy
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodge shady links like you do shady people even if they look like they may have a memorable face.
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Channel GannoK wrote:
What books are you reading? Are you reading all the industry standard stuff or or "discredited" authors? Discredited authors are sometimes where you hear about stuff like this years before it hits the books, though out internet blogs, forums, sites and stuff.

Excerpt was from Matrosov's Rootkits and bootkits

I totally get what you're saying. There's a lot of dated material or irrelevant bullshit tbh. Cybersecurity for normies is basically installing windows defender, activating firewall, etc on Windows devices. They don't know jack shit about basic malware and get butthurt when I try to tell them a thing or two about how Shamoon exploited a vulnerability within the Windows OS itself and the only solution was for them to launch a new version of Windows, lol. Even then, the secure systems running Windows severely limit user freedom as compared to secure machines on Linux where you can do basic shit.

It's super frustrating. Wish I went to class with you guys instead.

t328163 wrote:
Your username derives from the fact that this site cannot format special characters lol.

t328163 wrote:

lmfao, on reddit i'd get banned
perkel
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is interesting ! Or not ? Idk i posted this for stupid 25 messages limit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: