Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help with Auto Assemble

View previous topic :: View next topic  
raziel240
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:37 am    Post subject: Need help with Auto Assemble Reply with quote

Hi folks, so I'm a veteran when it comes to finding values but I'm still a beginner when it comes to Auto Assemble. As of right now I'm playing Don't Starve solo and I found the value of a tree HP. So I select Find out what writes this address and then hit the tree with the axe again. So far so good. Now here comes the part where I don't have experience with.

In those games I used this on I got Opcodes like add and sub. Pretty standard with those as I know I can just change the value at the end of the Opcode to either increase or decrease depending on situation.

But here in Don't Starve I got the Opcode with mov which I don't really know what to do with.

Code:
code:
  mov [ecx+04],edx
  mov edx,[eax+08]
  jmp return

onehit:
  jmp newmem
  nop
return:
registersymbol(onehit)

As you can see in the code I want it to be a onehit script but also as said, I don't really know how to do it and I'm afraid if I change anything with my logic it will definitely crash the game.
If anyone can explain how I can go on from there without letting the script crash the game I'd appreciate it. And would said solution also work on other mov codes or is there a specific way to determine how to change the code?
Thanks in advance and if you need more information let me know.
DanyDollaro
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put like that, I can only suggest this:
Code:
code:
  xor edx, edx
  mov [ecx+04],edx
  mov edx,[eax+08]
  jmp return

onehit:
  jmp newmem
  nop
return:
registersymbol(onehit)
raziel240
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately the moment I tick the box it crashes the game into desktop
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right click "mov [ecx+04],edx" in the disassembler (top half of the memory view window) and select "Find out what addresses this instruction accesses". Play the game for a bit and see if it accesses anything else besides the address you want. If it does access another address, completing step 9 of the CE tutorial may help you.

The code around (especially above) the injection point and the entire script (not just your code) might also help us.

raziel240
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try it next time. And as of right now I can't post any images but as soon as I'm back at it I will try my best to give more accurate details.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: