Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

:?: Help: Confusion about the Android-based CE :?:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Critta Kill
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject: :?: Help: Confusion about the Android-based CE :?: Reply with quote

Hello;

This is probably going to be the easiest solution ever since this is more of a question. I'm wondering about the Android CE version. I noticed that there are two options, and the bottom one I know works on rooted devices.

So I figured this server option was a method of using CE without root access. But the more I read into it, things would suggest that you have to have root access to use the server option as well.

My confusion is ripe. I don't understand why there would be two methods of using the App when the bottom method seems to work 100% of the time? I've tested on my blue-stacks server and indeed the bottom method works perfectly fine. Maybe I'm missing something?

Anyway, I thank who-ever spends the time to entertain my rambling confusion about this.

Thanks!

PS: I've been trying to figure out how to use the server option on my phone as it's proven to be a pain to root. I'm still waist deep in webpages looking for a method to root my phone without a wipe. Or at least a tutorial that didn't involve me installing a hundred other apps which are apparently essential to the process. Confused
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's if you have two android devices and can't switch between apps in the one you wish to cheat on
You can then connect your device to the other one

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Critta Kill
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject: Interesting... Reply with quote

Oh? That would work beautifully.

Do both devices have to be rooted for this to work? Additionally, if only the server has to be rooted would I be able to put my rooted blue-stacks to work in this exchange?

Also, thank you for replying so fast. I'm aware this is sort of an off-topic thread and all. I'm just running out of resources to find these answers.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only the device that runs the game needs to be rooted

If the game runs in bluestacks yes. But might be easier to use the windows CE and connect that to the ceserver running in bluestacks

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Critta Kill
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well damn,

That puts me back to square one. I want to be able to use CE on my Samsung Galaxy A5, however it hasn't been rooted. In fact, I can't even find a reliable tutorial on it. I suffer memory issues, and can't even remember how I rooted my blue-stacks. Probably came that way, lol.

I know this is now even more off topic, but do you know if there is a means to root my phone without the loss of data? While alternatively, if these are all bull, and there isn't a way do you know of a good tutorial for rooting?

Again, very off topic and I'm sorry. Just run ragged trying to figure this out for my phone. I remember it was pretty damned easy to root my last one, but that was because I didn't mind the wiping process.

It's alright if you don't know the information, or if this has become too far off topic that's alright too. Just shut me down, and I promise not to take it the least be personal. Ha ha.
[/b]
Meas
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can check out the XDA developers forum for guides that might be of help. If it's not on there then be careful on following random guides on internet as they might be old/wrong and damage your phone.
Critta Kill
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Measurity wrote:
You can check out the XDA developers forum for guides that might be of help. If it's not on there then be careful on following random guides on internet as they might be old/wrong and damage your phone.

Hey!

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll take a look over there. I know about the perils of random guides, hence why I'm in this boat. Way too many sketchy sites dedicated to the topic.

One tried to get me to download seven or eight apps. Absurd. lol. Nope, nothing suspicious there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: