Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheat Engine detection by EAC.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandleCollector
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:08 am    Post subject: Cheat Engine detection by EAC. Reply with quote

Hi people. So, War Thunder will implement EAC soon and i don't really want to get banned for cheating without actually cheating.

Because of that i have a few questions.
Will EAC detect CE installation on my PC?
Will EAC detect CE mentions in browser?
Can i prevent it from detecting CE installation or even better a running process?

I use CE mainly to speedhack games i play on 2nd screen while grinding/waiting in queue, i have no intention to interfere with the game itself.
atom0s

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do not support online/multiplayer hacking on this site.
https://forum.cheatengine.org/faq.php#0

In regards to being detected/preventing detection, CE is open source. If you wish to make it undetected by an anti-cheat or another detection system, then you can do so manually by editing and recompiling the source.

CandleCollector
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atom0s wrote:
We do not support online/multiplayer hacking on this site.

In regards to being detected/preventing detection, CE is open source. If you wish to make it undetected by an anti-cheat or another detection system, then you can do so manually by editing and recompiling the source.

I think that you misunderstood me, i don't want to cheat in an online game, i just don't want to get banned for having CE on my computer as anti-cheat software is getting more and more intrusive (LoL will crash if you have words "Cheat Engine" in your browser or even notepad for example) and im fond of this old account of mine.

As for editing and recompiling the source, it still would not assure me that im safe using it with anti-cheat running in background so i will pass... unless there are further complications.

Anyway, thanks for an answer.
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you're fine having cheat engine installed.
atom0s

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just having it installed shouldn't be a problem.

However, there have been reports from various games that use EAC that having CE's driver loaded has triggered being kicked or banned from games. So be cautious of having the driver loaded while playing any game that uses EAC.

CandleCollector
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

atom0s wrote:

However, there have been reports from various games that use EAC that having CE's driver loaded has triggered being kicked or banned from games. So be cautious of having the driver loaded while playing any game that uses EAC.

Could you elaborate? I'm a noob so i'm not sure what do you mean by loaded driver.
atom0s

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CandleCollector wrote:
atom0s wrote:

Could you elaborate? I'm a noob so i'm not sure what do you mean by loaded driver.

Cheat Engine comes with a kernel-mode driver that allows it access a process for manipulation/reading from a lower level of access. It can be used to get around basic usermode anti-cheats/protections. However, it is very easy to detect that it is loaded/running on the system.

It is not guaranteed to be unloaded when CE is closed so it can remain open for the duration of your system being on until you restart and load CE next time around with the driver.

Generally, it shouldn't be a problem if you don't use the kernel-mode options of CE, and you can just delete the driver if you want to avoid it ever loading at all. The driver is the dbk32.sys and dbk64.sys in the CE folder.

CandleCollector
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

atom0s wrote:

Cheat Engine comes with a kernel-mode driver that allows it access a process for manipulation/reading from a lower level of access. It can be used to get around basic usermode anti-cheats/protections. However, it is very easy to detect that it is loaded/running on the system.

It is not guaranteed to be unloaded when CE is closed so it can remain open for the duration of your system being on until you restart and load CE next time around with the driver.

Generally, it shouldn't be a problem if you don't use the kernel-mode options of CE, and you can just delete the driver if you want to avoid it ever loading at all. The driver is the dbk32.sys and dbk64.sys in the CE folder.

Thanks, i removed drivers just to be safe.

I assume that i cannot use CE on other programs while running EAC protected game? I run RPGM games on second screen and some of them are slow and grindy so CE helps with that.
atom0s

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EAC will detect CE running regardless if it's attached to the process that is protected with EAC. So I wouldn't recommend running CE at all anytime you are playing an EAC game if you want to avoid any detection issues.
CandleCollector
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all replies, they propably saved my account.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: