Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying the change a static value but unable to find it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kye
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject: Trying the change a static value but unable to find it. Reply with quote

Hiya.

Im fairly new to using this program but i know the basics such as finding values by increasing or decreasing it in game and doing scans to narrow down the address.

But im having a small problem trying to find a certain value. Within the game im playing there is a Energy mechanic which will decrease as you progress the game and can take more or less energy depending on the choices you make. Im trying to play the game and enjoy it but this mechanic is just there to try and force you to buy more energy with real money.

I have been trying to find this value with CE 7.0 using 4bytes, 8bytes and all the other value types but im still unable to find it. My process of finding this value is as follows.

If my current energy is say 500 then input 500 and start my first scan, after that i decrease my energy by making a choice. So my energy is now 550 for example, i then place 550 in CE and perfrom the next scan. This will either bring me more adresses or give me nothing. This pattern follows and i cant find the address for this value.

Any help would be appreciated. It might me simple but im fairly new to CE so go easy me. Smile
descatal
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you mentioned about buying more "energy" with real money (aka. micro transactions), I am going to assume you are referring to an online game.

AFAIK the values you want are not in the game itself, but on the server that the game is connected to.

You can read more on client & server sided values here on the stickied thread. (Can't post URL for now)

Basically it is impossible to hack those online energy points.
hazarada
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's plenty of games that try selling you locally stored virtual points for real money, all hope is not lost.

@op: values are not always stored in memory as they appear. They may be multiples like 2000 for 500, 2200 for 550 etc or mangled by even complex functions like displayed_value = stored_value * 2 + 1

In these cases, instead of specific values, search for "increased" and "decreased" or worst case scenario "changed" and "unchanged".

It may also be that due to whatever dynamics going on in the game engine, the address for this value jumps around. In that case, freezing the game and pointer scanning can lead you to victory.

Some things for you to try, good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: