Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheat Engine not working on a game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Psye96
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:40 am    Post subject: Cheat Engine not working on a game Reply with quote

Normally Cheat Engine works for just about every single game I use it on, but this one game seems incredibly difficult to get it to work, I can find the Address that I need, but the game doesn't want to register the change in Value.

Any hints as to what I may be doing wrong?
MrViZZion
Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which game is it?

If it's online, most likely the value is server-sided. Or you only found the display value and not the real value.
Psye96
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrViZZion wrote:
Which game is it?

If it's online, most likely the value is server-sided. Or you only found the display value and not the real value.

The game is called Mirage Realms its a 2D retro style game and it is online, I find the value and change it, and it changes the numbers, but, as soon as I go into a shop, travel to a different map ect. the game crashes and when I re-launch the game, the values have reverted back to the original, and the address has changed.
atom0s

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do not support online / multiplayer hacking on this site:
https://forum.cheatengine.org/faq.php#0

Would suggest removing the game name from your post if you want any type of help at all.

Given that the game is online though, there is a low chance most of the data will be editable. Online games store main value information server-sided the majority of the time, so things like health, mana, items, gold, etc. are generally handled by the server. In these cases things like movement speed and position data are done on the client to lessen the burden on the server.

Usually, you will only ever be able to hack more major data in an online game when there are one of a few conditions met:

1. The game allows you to play the same character online and offline. (Games like Phantasy Star Online are like this.)

2. The game uses instancing where your system is creating a mini-instance of a server. (A lot of Korean MMOs are like this, things like Dungeon Fighter Online or Kritika do this.)

3. The game is just horribly coded and most data from the client is trusted by the server. (This doesn't really happen much anymore, generally you only see this on low budget games or older titles.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: