Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

total newb needs help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grimalkin
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:21 am    Post subject: total newb needs help Reply with quote

hi there.

please excuse my lack of experience, and I apologise if this is considered too game-specific, but I'm finding myself completely out of my depth with Cheat Engine and I could really use some help in getting to grips with it.

I'm just looking to use it in order to update the address offsets on Tekkenbot Prime. it seems like a simple enough task but I'm having difficulty understanding the directions on how to do this, since most guides seem to assume that the user has at least a basic understanding of how to use Cheat Engine.

is there anyone who'd be willing to walk me through how to do this?
MrViZZion
Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't the tool mainly for help with online cheating? If so, i don't think it is allowed here
Grimalkin
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrViZZion wrote:
Isn't the tool mainly for help with online cheating? If so, i don't think it is allowed here

given the name, you'd be forgiven for thinking so, but Tekkenbot isn't actually a cheat device at all. it's just an overlay utility that displays frame data for character moves, for use in training mode. it's widely used in the Tekken community and not looked down upon in any way.

the only reason I need help with it is that Tekken itself gets regular updates, meaning that Tekkenbot users have to use Cheat Engine to manually update address offsets due to the changing movelists of characters. there are guides out there on how to do this but I'm not fluent enough in coding logic to understand the directions.

hope this clears up any confusion, and hopefully someone here will be willing to help me?

I really do have no ill intent here, I'm just getting more serious about learning to play my favourite game at a competitive level and am looking to use this app for training like many other players do. it would mean a lot to me if there's anyone out there who'd be up for helping me out.
atom0s

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given that you have said you are not familiar with CE or with the tutorial given already on how to update the targets offsets/src, I'd say there isn't too much anyone here can help you with currently.

First, I would recommend getting yourself familiar with Cheat Engine, how it works and what it does. You can use the tutorial applications that come with it to get started as they have full information on what to do as you go through the various steps of it. This should help you get an idea on how CE is used to work with another processes memory.

After you install CE you can access the tutorial applications via the following menu:
1. Open Cheat Engine. (Start with 32bit version first.)
2. Click Help -> Cheat Engine Tutorial

Go through the tutorial to learn how to make use of CE's more basic features up to full-on code injection and such.

Next, you can do the mini-game tutorial as well via:
1. Open Cheat Engine. (Start with 32bit version first.)
2. Click Help -> Cheat Engine Tutorial Games

Once you get those basics down, move onto the 64bit version of the tutorial in the same menus. (Just be sure that you are using the 64bit version of CE for that one.)

Those will get you started on how CE works and how to make use of it. That should make their tutorial easier to understand regarding how to find things in the games memory.

As for editing the source code and such of that project, it is written in Python, the offsets are stored in an ini file. There isn't anything really anyone can do here for that other than tell you to take the time and learn python if you want to work on it.

You can find a full tutorial on learning Python on their official site here:
For 2.7.x : https://docs.python.org/2.7/tutorial/index.html
For 3.x.x : https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/index.html

xzenor
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: total newb needs help Reply with quote

Grimalkin wrote:
since most guides seem to assume that the user has at least a basic understanding of how to use Cheat Engine.

And that's why it comes with a really slick tutorial. Try it. It really helps you to get up to speed on the basics. Then there's also YouTube which is full of tutorial videos from newbie to more in-depth..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: