Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

help with finding unchangeable value

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kwaish
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:42 pm    Post subject: help with finding unchangeable value Reply with quote

this is for Remnant: From the Ashes. I recently max upgraded a set of armor in this game, now I want to revert that. Since you cant delete items from your inventory along with not being able to revert upgrades the value is at a solid 132 (# of upgrades). I tried matching other armor addresses to see if I could find the upgraded pieces of armor, it worked for only one piece of another set that I modified, but thats because they were in the same armor set. So now IM stuck with one maxed out armor set to which I cant find its value to change it. Are there any other methods I could try to find the value for these pieces of armor.
FreeER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't have this game to test with but try this:
Find the value for one set of armor, use the debugger to look at all the code that accesses that armor value, pick one (preferably one used constantly for display), use the debugger to see what addresses/values that code accesses (preferably one that only lists that a few addresses related to that armor), switch armor to the one you can't scan for.

Kwaish
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt really wanna ask this, but could you explain that in layman's terms. Im not fully understanding the way of going about this. Appreciate the response nonetheless Smile
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code that accesses a similar value might also access the value you're trying to find.

You said you found a similar value before. Find it again, and bring it down to the bottom half of CE's main window (the address list). Right click it and select "find out what accesses this address." Then, do some stuff in the game to make code run that might access that address. Go back to CE, and for each instruction that popped up, go to it in the disassembler, right click it, and select "Find out what addresses this instruction accesses." Do the same things in the game as you did previously but this time with the armor value you're trying to find. With any luck, the address of the value you're trying to find will emerge.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: