Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scripting using Dynamic Addresses

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unrepdenting X
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:09 am    Post subject: Scripting using Dynamic Addresses Reply with quote

So on Dark Souls 3 I am trying to make a script that allow for infinite health/fp/stamina. I have the address that is for all 3 but they are dynamic and constantly change. I am 100% new to all of this so I have no idea what i'm doing, I read something about pointers but I don't know how they work. I'm not necessarily looking for an answer just help if somebody can either make one or walk me through it through DM's that would be amazing!
FreeER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

search cheat engine on youtube and you can find videos of people covering all of the basics, also do the tutorial which has pointers it's just designed to be smaller and simpler than modern games and therefore faster and easier but the same concepts still apply since it's still assembly.
There's probably also text posts on pointers etc. in the tutorial section of the forum, haven't personally looked in awhile though.

Unrepdenting X
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:41 pm    Post subject: Scripting using pointers Reply with quote

Okay, so i have the pointers that i need, so now how do I use them in a script?
FreeER

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

generally you wouldn't, you'd just freeze the values. For scripts you'd usually find the code that decreases health and change it to not do that. Then you don't have to worry about pointers breaking every time the game updates (well if you use aobs) or have that issue where you take so much damage that you die before the frozen value can be rewritten by CE (though there can be multiple code paths, typical for instant death eg. falling into void or something).

Just like how the tutorial takes you through it in each step, steps 2-5 or so you just find and change values of different types and unknown initial values. Then you do pointers where you can freeze the value then you write a script where you don't have to find a pointer, then at the end you have to do deal with writing a script where player and enemy health are both going through the same code so you have to write a compare to determine when to decrease health and when not to.

Of course you can read pointers in a script, the game has to do it in assembly after all. You just read each pointer/address into a register and add the offset, repeat for every offset, after adding the last offset the next read will be for the value stored at the end of that pointer chain.

Unrepdenting X
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:12 pm    Post subject: How to freeze values Reply with quote

Okay so instead of making a script your saying once i have the pointer setup i should freeze the value, how do i freeze values?
FreeER

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

click the checkbox next to it, again there are playlists on youtube that cover the basics
MrViZZion
Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest doing the cheat engine tutorial that comes with CE.

Also keep in mind that DS3 has a weird anticheating mechanism where it resets the memory undoing your cheat. So if your cheat stop working randomly, that's why.

Usually takes a 5-15 minutes for it to kick-in. Just a minor annoyance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: