Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SRPG Maker and static addresses

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRX_CZ
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:50 pm    Post subject: SRPG Maker and static addresses Reply with quote

Hi, I've been looking and trying many things in order to find static addresses in SRPG Maker game. Trouble is that no matter what I try, it feels like it's burried extremely deep.

What I would like to ask, is there anyone who has experience with SRPG Maker games and using Cheat Engine on them like this? Is it even possible to find static address in games made in programs like SRPG Maker, RPG Maker, etc.?
sh00ter999
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no experience with SRPG games, but there's always a way to re-find addresses. What game are you looking at specifically?

Have you tried out the Cheat Engine tutorials? They are quite helpful. Very rarely will you find a static address for anything nowadays, which means that you will need to find a pointer or alternatively (a tiny bit more advanced) write a script to find a unique signature.

So if you want infinite health for instance, find it once, then do a pointer scan for it (there are multiple ways to do this).

I have yet to hear of a game that would be impossible to re-find addresses for reliably. But without any further information from your side, it's going to be difficult to help you Very Happy

CRX_CZ
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sh00ter999 wrote:
I have no experience with SRPG games, but there's always a way to re-find addresses. What game are you looking at specifically?

Have you tried out the Cheat Engine tutorials? They are quite helpful. Very rarely will you find a static address for anything nowadays, which means that you will need to find a pointer or alternatively (a tiny bit more advanced) write a script to find a unique signature.

So if you want infinite health for instance, find it once, then do a pointer scan for it (there are multiple ways to do this).

I have yet to hear of a game that would be impossible to re-find addresses for reliably. But without any further information from your side, it's going to be difficult to help you Very Happy

I have tried pointer scan, what writes into it, what reads too since gui has it's own variable for displaying. Issue is that I did scan several times, with using correct offsets. It worked once for a bit, but in the end stopped after I restarted the PC. The number of scans I did was 5, going any deeper was not possible, no results found.

I know that RPG Maker, SRPG Maker, etc. must have static addresses which stay same after game or PC reset, but I don't want to search hundred of times for each cause there are so many characters, enemies and other stuff that it would be way too much work and not effecient time-wise.

If you would like to try and see, I would be grateful if some way was found, especially if there will be a possibility of finding these static addresses quickly.

I can't post URLs, and even PM to anyone, so providing link to downloadable game is... difficult.
eltwitch
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having same problema with a game done in RPG Maker.

I want to ask one extra question:
Since I can modify the game, create new variables etc... Is there any way to create something like a pointer in RPG maker to access to a variable and use this info to find the stratic adress?

It is easy to find the dinamic adress for the variable. When I use a first pointer scan, I find a lot of pointers. But when I restart the game and I rescan the memory using the previous results, the matches are 0...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: