Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gears of war 4 cheats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hallda12
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:07 am    Post subject: Gears of war 4 cheats Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm planning on mem editing Gears 4 but i'd like to ask you guys a few questions before i start;

Firstly how hard is it going to be for someone like myself that's only had experience modding older games.

Next one is are certain values harder to find such as health? Because health figures constantly regenerate in gears I imagen it would be hard to find the relevant values.

Lastly has this been done before? If so does anyone have any links so i can get a few pointers.

Any input would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
sh00ter999
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Gears of Wars 4 strictly offline/single player? If so, then nothing will be impossible to achieve. Health and Ammo are among the most basic and straightforward values to find, so I think if you've done the first few steps from the CE tutorial you should be good.

If the health value is not displayed explicitly, it can get a little bit tricky, but you can still pause the game to stop from regening right? In CE you would then just scan for an unknown initial value, get hurt, pause, next scan for a decerased value...unpause, regen a bit, pause, next scan for increased value and so forth. This should yield you an address relatively quickly.

Yeah, just doing a quick google search reveals that many people have already done a trainer for this game, since it came out when? 2016? They might be outdated though, but even if you have a newer game version, some of the old cheat tables or trainers might still be functional, depending on how robust some of the creators made their cheats (if their memory signatures were good enough for instance, to find the information within the game regardless of an update).

I would say just try it out if you're curious. Feels better if you can accomplish it yourself. If there are any difficulties, you can always as Very Happy

hallda12
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sh00ter999 wrote:

I would say just try it out if you're curious. Feels better if you can accomplish it yourself. If there are any difficulties, you can always as Very Happy

This is exactly where I'm at. I want to be sort of self cerficient so I don't have to wait for trainer updates. I'm ok with basics with static addressed but I had a go at what I thought would be simple with Cup head. I found the HP values but the addressed changed after every level.

Got a lot of learning ahead...
sh00ter999
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, very rarely will you find static addresses on your first go in any modern game. You will have to find a pointer for the health address, if you're lucky it might stay the same after each level and game restart.

You can right click the address you find for health, choose "Find out what writes to this address", go ingame and heal or take some damage, then see if you got any lines in that small new Debugger window. If you do, then you will get a base address + offset in it. So it might give you some sort of instruction that includes something like [rax+20]. Rax is then the base address of your character, and +20 is the offset to get to the health value.

You can take a look what address rax has (the window lists it for you), then you can do a 4 byte scan (tick the checkbox Hex on the left), and scan for that rax address. If you only find one result, take a look at the left collumn and the address that holds the base address rax. You want to add that address manually to your cheat table, tick the pointer option, enter it at the bottom and add an offset of 20 (or whatever it is in your case) and it should correctly point towards your player health.

MrViZZion
Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Gears of war 4 cheats Reply with quote

hallda12 wrote:
Hello,

I'm planning on mem editing Gears 4 but i'd like to ask you guys a few questions before i start;

Firstly how hard is it going to be for someone like myself that's only had experience modding older games.

Next one is are certain values harder to find such as health? Because health figures constantly regenerate in gears I imagen it would be hard to find the relevant values.

Lastly has this been done before? If so does anyone have any links so i can get a few pointers.

Any input would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

It is pretty easy actually since the game uses Unreal Engine. If you've done previous modding then should be easy peasy mate Very Happy

You can even use the symbols included in it to grab pretty neat options.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: