Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with SimCity 3000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cshnewb
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:56 am    Post subject: Help with SimCity 3000 Reply with quote

Hey guys. This is my first post here, so I'm sorry if this isn't the correct category.
I'm trying to make a trainer, my first time doing this, for SimCity 3000.
I'm trying to find the static address to change the money value (as to allow near unlimited cash, or whatever is set to maximum).
So I'm doing the usual steps (usual as in what I've seen done on youtube videos): find addresses that correspond to the money variable (get 2 addresses), change them to test it out (and they work), and then click to pointscan said address.
The problem is that after that I get no pointer paths. Nothing.
I'm at a loss here and would welcome any help in regards to this. This is my most "advanced" project yet, as I'm still fairly novice to programming.
Viloresi
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you may try another approach, if attach the debugger and do find what writes to this address, you'll find a function that is used by the game to writes your current money value, so you can change that function to write the money you want...
just look more into using the disassembler window of cheat engine and find what writes to this address and changing a ingame function with cheat engine
sh00ter999
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject: What is suffering? Reply with quote

^ Basically what he said.

Right click the money address in your address list and use "Find out what writes to this address". Modify your money by buying something in-game and you should get some results, ideally one, but that's not always guaranteed. Just pick one then and try your luck.

So, the instruction could be something like
Code:
mov [rax+20], ebx

The name of the registers will differ, but that's not important. Use whatever you get.
In this example, [rax+20] is the address that holds your money value. RAX is the base address and +20 is a so-called offset. The mov instruction suggests that something from ebx is being moved into the location of your money (if you buy something, it will want to add a lower money value into your current money amount.

So what you will need to do to find a pointer manually. Check what address RAX (or whatever register in your case) holds, then do a 4-byte scan for that address and tick the box on the left that says "Hex". You should not get more than a few results, but if you get more, test out a couple of them.

So the addresses you find by this search are addresses that hold the base of your money value. But to get there, you will also have to add your offset.

Add an address manually, and enter one of the addresses you found by the 4-byte hex scan. Tick pointer before that and then add the offset of 20 or whatever it is in your case, and it should properly point towards your current money value. If you are in luck, then this should be reusable even after you restart the game.

I'm sure there are probably a million tutorials on how to do this on YouTube, but just to get the idea across more, I made the one millionth and first video clip to clarify:

https://gfycat.com/portlyimpolitecaracal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: