Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DBK can't be loaded or is to a Different Version of CE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Source
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheatenginelover
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject: DBK can't be loaded or is to a Different Version of CE Reply with quote

Hi Very Happy

My System Info: Windows 10 PRO - x64 & Test Signing Mode On

I'm trying to create my own CE, but i have problems with DBK.

First Thing:
I edited the official Cheat Engine 6.8.3 with HXD, so the digital signature is not valid anymore, and i know that i can't load the original and signed DBK.sys with him.
So, i compiled my own DBK64.sys (release without sig and x64 mode in Visual Studio 2019) and tried to load this to work with protected processes, but always i have this errors:

Error 1 - imgur. c o m/a/6kr1DsM
Error 1 occurs when i try to load my own DBK64.sys without driver64.dat in my CE folder (by i remember). I don't know if i can load my own DBK without this archive...

Error 2 - imgur. c o m/a/f8tF76P
When i put driver64.dat in my CE folder (by i remember), it "can loads", but appears this error. Btw, i tried to access SecurityHealthService.exe process that is protected and you only can access when DBK is loaded, and i can't access this process with my own driver, but if i use the official CE with official driver, i can access.

Second Thing:
I removed all another files from my CE because i want it clean. This affect in load my own DBK? I think no since my DBK was compiled by myself and i removed all another files from official CE too only to test and it works fine.

My CE Folder - imgur. c o m/a/Fiz8g0z
Official CE but cleaned working with official dbk64.sys - imgur. com/a/WrEKYSy

Third Thing:
After this, i downloaded CE source and compiled it with Lazarus (downloaded the latest version on GitHub, i think 7.0 Beta 4) and tried to load my own DBK again, but i got the same errors.

I searched in a lot of topics, but nothing works. So what i need to do? I want to load my own DBK64.sys with my modded CE 6.8.3 (edited with HXD or with CE compiled by me). Oh, i forgot that i tried to load a dbk64.sys/dbk32.sys without sig that i downloaded from here (cheatengine. o r g/temp/dbk64.rar or dbk32.rar), but i got the same errors too...
cheatenginelover
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why, but now it's working.

How to:

I downloaded Cheat Engine 6.8.3 source code from GitHub, compiled DBK64.sys in Visual Studio 2019 with WDK 10.0 and Release without sig x64. Then, compiled CE source with Lazarus and now it loads without any problem.

Remember that before you try to make this process, run Kernelmoduleunloader.exe and TURN OFF your computer by 30 seconds (sometimes if you RESTART, the driver continues in memory or something like this. Probably a bug or fuck this).

Oh, and if you want to rename the driver (dbk64.sys or dbk32.sys to another name), you need to create a folder named driver64.dat or driver.dat (you can find in this forum the archive - you need to write some words inside it)

Thanks
Viloresi
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try to reply to as darkbyte would do !

1) First of all you can't use official cheat engine with your own compiled driver, you need to re-compile yourself cheatengine too.
2) you don't need to have driver64.dat in cheatengine folder, cheatengine should load fine dbk64.sys fine if it's in the same folder.
3) be sure to use the same versions (cheat engine and driver) otherwise that error saying that the driver is for another version of cheat engine may appear.
4)be sure to have disabled the windows driver signature enforcement
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Source All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: