Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HADES - learning to cheat based on a tutorial

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaamaan
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 2:07 am    Post subject: HADES - learning to cheat based on a tutorial Reply with quote

I'm having a hard time in HADES, a single-player early-access dungeon crawler, and wanted to see how much I can mess things up with Cheat Engine.

Doing some basic Googling I found that there were some cheat tables for the game, but since the game is getting regular updates, those tables were no longer up to date. Thus, I decided to try my luck and see if I couldn't create a simple "god mode" hack myself.

Note that my typical approach "find value, freeze value" didn't work. While I had no issues finding my HP value in the memory, it seems that just freezing it doesn't really work.

Anyway, I found this tutorial via the Fearless Cheat Engine forums: Since I can't post URLs, here's the YouTube video ID: v=kwMXnnHK9zw
But I'll try to describe the problems as best I can.

Alas, problems appeared almost immediately.

1) The tutorial says to seek a FLOAT value for HP: I was unable to find that, and only managed to get a DOUBLE; this one's likely due to a change in game version.
2) It seems there's some kind of Mono CE mechanism that is working for the person who made the video, but not for me. The address I found, when dissected, seemed to be a "random" disassembler code fragment, while the person who made the video has
Code:
GSGE.Code.Things.LivingThing::isAlive+A:

Supposedly all Super Giant games use Mono...? Still not sure how this helps if this mechanism isn't working for me.
3) Not discouraged, I figured I'd at least create my first ever "script" CE code, so I went ahead anyway... But when I attempted to compile the script, I'd get an error saying that my new label wasn't registered... Wait, isn't that what the
Code:
label(myLabel)
is for?

I'd appreciate some help understanding what's going on here. I'd still like to, in the end, create the cheat myself (rather than rely on someone's tables), but I'm clearly lacking some information here... Sad
TheyCallMeTim13
Wiki Contributor

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not all games use Mono so it won't always be available just find some tutorials on CE that don't use Mono.

You should start with the CE tutorial. There are some videos on the CE wiki.
https://wiki.cheatengine.org/index.php?title=Tutorials:Videos

Stephen Chapman has some good tutorials on CE: https://www.youtube.com/user/seowhistleblower

So does Cheat the Game: https://www.youtube.com/user/BloodFayte

And I have just recently started doing video tutorials too: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gZIPnqoBGcXw9DTrfnxjQ

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved from the Lua section since this is not Lua related.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: