Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fahrenheit - infinite lives

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrPepka
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject: Fahrenheit - infinite lives Reply with quote

Can I have an infinite number of lives in the Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy game? I manage to find addresses where the number of lives is stored (although I have to search for them each time because the game will change the address with the number of lives after each restart of the chapter or simply load save after losing) however the game accepts values ​​from 1 to 6.
Higher values ​​freezes the game at times where loss of life is possible. Interestingly, when I edit points of sanity, I can enter their too high value and nothing happens, and the address where the points of sanity are stored does not change during the game. Developer's mistake, protection anti-cheater or am I just doing something wrong?
Hugo_the_Dwarf
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Best bet would be finding the pointer for the lives (The Tutorial for CE has a great lesson on finding pointers, there are also YT vids by Cheat the Game and others about using Pointer Maps to find pointers)

Your next best bet would be finding the code that alters lives and injecting your own code (Tutorial also covers this)

The Sanity you may have just found the GUI value (the address that is showing the visible value, where the real backend value is still ticking around, this is the value you want)
MrPepka
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did not understand me. I found an address where the lives is saved (although the address changes after each start of the game, chapter or death as the last save will be loaded) and I can change the lives in the address where this information is. The problem is that I can only enter values ​​from 1-6.
Entering higher values freezes the game during the fight. My question is whether this can be done in some way?
Hugo_the_Dwarf
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I manage to find addresses where the number of lives is stored (although I have to search for them each time because the game will change the address with the number of lives after each restart of the chapter or simply load save after losing)

Quote:
You did not understand me.

Actually I did understand you, quite well.

You have to find the lives everytime you reload, next mission, etc. So I suggested you try to find a pointer that goes to that Life address all the time, everytime.

OR, you can find the actual code in the game via "What Writes to this Address" and then using code injection to either NOP it (replace bytes with 90)

the limit of 1-6 may be the limit of the game itself, which is why finding and replacing the code that affects life is probably the better and more consistant and controlled method.
Epica
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do right click on the adress, then What Access to this Address, and try to gain a life when you have the max lives or when you need one more to get the max lives, it should pop out 1 instruction, right click it and replace the with a code that does nothing. Then if you want you can make a script out of that.

Or disect data/structure of adress of the lives, and find that 6 that limit the lives, or read the instructions at "What Access this Adress", and maybe something should lead you to that max cap, but I'm not good at this last one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: