Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game of Thrones new season.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
br0l0ck
Cheater

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HackOtaku wrote:
Disagree. GoT was a solid show from s1 to s4. It used to subvert tropes intelligently. Like Ned losing his head instead of some last minute thing saving him because of his flaw of always being noble. Same with Robb losing his life and wife and army at the red wedding. Unpredictable but it makes sense given the promise he broke and the type of person Walder Frey is. If they subverted a trope it at least made sense and had build up.
if youre saying the show is good just bc it subverted tropes and was unpredictable then youre literally agreeing with me. I said people could say its the best show of all time and I wouldnt care because tv shows are shit anyways. So by saying its good bc it just didnt do absolutely generic shit like every other show is basically agreeing with me.

Just because everything is shit and this one is shit with sugar on it doesnt make it taste good.

I also would disagree that the show was unpredictable, if you don't come in with preconceived notions about what a show should be then a lot of the plot points are obvious and are going to happen because they do usually foreshadow everything (Its obvious the red wedding would happen, they built it up, rewatch the show) or make it something logical. my friend that I watch the show with has basically been predicting everything thats going to happen, and I personally have never felt surprised by anything in the show. I even expected Arya (my least favorite character in the show, her plot line was so fucking SHIT and boring every fucking time it came on) because GoT always shoves main characters in your face, so when she didnt have any screen time or explanation about what she was doing specifically, just from the context of this episode, it was obvious she was going to come back and do something, and it was obvious that she was the ONLY one that could have done something in that moment (besides bran possible having super powers) because they showed every other main character be incapacitated
HackOtaku
I posted the 500000th topic

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brolock wrote:
HackOtaku wrote:
Disagree. GoT was a solid show from s1 to s4. It used to subvert tropes intelligently. Like Ned losing his head instead of some last minute thing saving him because of his flaw of always being noble. Same with Robb losing his life and wife and army at the red wedding. Unpredictable but it makes sense given the promise he broke and the type of person Walder Frey is. If they subverted a trope it at least made sense and had build up.
if youre saying the show is good just bc it subverted tropes and was unpredictable then youre literally agreeing with me. I said people could say its the best show of all time and I wouldnt care because tv shows are shit anyways. So by saying its good bc it just didnt do absolutely generic shit like every other show is basically agreeing with me.

Just because everything is shit and this one is shit with sugar on it doesnt make it taste good.

I also would disagree that the show was unpredictable, if you don't come in with preconceived notions about what a show should be then a lot of the plot points are obvious and are going to happen because they do usually foreshadow everything (Its obvious the red wedding would happen, they built it up, rewatch the show) or make it something logical. my friend that I watch the show with has basically been predicting everything thats going to happen, and I personally have never felt surprised by anything in the show. I even expected Arya (my least favorite character in the show, her plot line was so fucking SHIT and boring every fucking time it came on) because GoT always shoves main characters in your face, so when she didnt have any screen time or explanation about what she was doing specifically, just from the context of this episode, it was obvious she was going to come back and do something, and it was obvious that she was the ONLY one that could have done something in that moment (besides bran possible having super powers) because they showed every other main character be incapacitated

That's a fair point too. In the earlier seasons I was definitely watching with an expectation of a typical fantasy series and it caught me off guard at first but in a way that I can look back and see it coming, which made me uncertain about who could die when. But looking back I cant really say the writing was phenomenal or anything either. And I agree they made their own "twist " too obvious with both showing every other named character incapacitated and the god awful music build up. I should just read books
mdthr
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's your opinion that something was foreshadowed. even if the show runners say the same thing, well you'er just a retard liek them. im always rigte

lmfao what a way to bury yourself
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HackOtaku

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brolock wrote:
HackOtaku wrote:

I will expand on this thought though. The main trope they subverted was plot armor, at least in my eyes for the earlier seasons. This gave some semblance of risk for the battles. They've really thrown it away with how everyone just keeps surviving stupid decisions now.
br0l0ck
Cheater

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think theyve created their own trope by making the show (or maybe its the same in the books) this way. basically any time theres a fuckton of characters and the plotline becomes convoluted they kill off the ones that have no relevance to the direction they want the plot to go.

now this doesnt sound like a trope, and just normal story telling mechanism, until you think about how nothing serious happens in the show until that trope happens. they basically have no way to drive the plot if they DIDNT kill those characters.
HackOtaku

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brolock wrote:
I think theyve created their own trope by making the show (or maybe its the same in the books) this way. basically any time theres a fuckton of characters and the plotline becomes convoluted they kill off the ones that have no relevance to the direction they want the plot to go.

now this doesnt sound like a trope, and just normal story telling mechanism, until you think about how nothing serious happens in the show until that trope happens. they basically have no way to drive the plot if they DIDNT kill those characters.
I feel like both Ned and Robb had avenues to explore still when they were killed off. Part of why I maintain the earlier seasons were good. Now they all have plot armor until they complete their arcs. Takes away the realism that the universe once had.
mdthr
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HackOtaku wrote:
Brolock wrote:

I feel like both Ned and Robb had avenues to explore still when they were killed off. Part of why I maintain the earlier seasons were good. Now they all have plot armor until they complete their arcs. Takes away the realism that the universe once had.

just don't hold out on the small chance that the 3 episodes left could surprise u for the better

death is half meaningless on got anyway
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HackOtaku

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link
mdthr
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait ser jorah died??
mdthr
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so yeah ser jorah died they reminded us this episode in the opening.

i cant wait for teh 4th dragon to show up
HackOtaku

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ye, he died after teleporting behind Dany to save her. Honestly I don't care about this series anymore, it's only good for making fun of with my friends.

Got2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  202.71 KB
 Viewed:  4944 Time(s)

Got2.png

mdthr
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HackOtaku wrote:
Ye, he died after teleporting behind Dany to save her. Honestly I don't care about this series anymore, it's only good for making fun of with my friends.

r u starting to understand why i gave up giving this show my full attention
Channel GannoK
pffrt

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never gave this show any attention. It was written by a wiener loving old fat man

https://guildav.com
THIS IS JUST AN OPINION
mdthr
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Channel GannoK wrote:
Never gave this show any attention. It was written by a wiener loving old fat man

wiener loving never stopped you before
HackOtaku

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greatsage wrote:
HackOtaku wrote:

r u starting to understand why i gave up giving this show my full attention
You didn't even watch/don't remember when the series was good though.

Channel GannoK wrote:

All writers have serious mental problems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: