Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NSA releases their decompiling software Ghidra
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HotHeap
!BEWARE! Deletes post on answer
Ban

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gannok shrooms is right, you are a fucking moron

This is made in java, a garbage language & slow as fuck.

Ida is made in C super fast.

This is garbage and IDA PRO is better.

You know nothing.

Also you are going against what researchers said, LMFAO

You cant even pass cisco and yet you think you can now code?

ROFLCOPTER

Ima stick with IDA QUEEN PRO.
Channel GannoK
pffrt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

# of java programmers is around 10 million, and C++ is 1-1.5 depending where you look.

This makes java the more supported developer base anyways, its probably going to be ported to mobile I imagine eventually.

You can say I know nothing but that claim doesnt mean anything, because youre sperging and practically fanboying over IDA like a script kiddy.

I'm not saying I'm the best programmer or hacker, because I know I'm not, far from it, but youre a dunce and you pick a side and fight when there isn't one to be had lol. Poor troll.

Also brolock, you're playing the complete skeptic and you missed my point of having an offline secure system, if you can't figure out how to keep a system hidden and secure then thats on you. The airgap only applies if you fail to have a system so incabaple of being moved in the first place, whether that's through physical cases or mounting into a wall or something, having security devices built into the chassis, having data wiping devices when the power and data lines to your hard drive are cut off, or completely disabling/removing ports.

There are lots of options. You have to be creative to be able to figure it out well.

When I mean highly encrypted, I do mean bit size and the different various encryption methods, there are more than I know of, which is why this tool ghidra can help not just me understand the patterns. If you have a machine learning algorithm, running a combination of these recompiling tools, it would pick up at least a good idea of what the complexity of whole binaries from multiple developers and recognize certain aspects of the source code I imagine, if it attempted to develop its own version of the code using the decompiler binaries given and comparing it to decompiled binaries the ML script is writting in real time. This is the direction I see this going, it may not be able to get an exact 1for1(example: in C++ to make a new integer you may wanna use int newintforthispost. Well the code bot might come up with int thisinthasashittyname.)

https://guildav.com
THIS IS JUST AN OPINION
br0l0ck
Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude it is literally impossible for you to get something like an int variable name from reverse engineering a binary. do you know what compilation is? it turns the source code into target machine code (in c++ case), where there is no things like variable names.

for compilation in the case of a hybrid language like java (not strictly compiled or interpreted) it turns it into java byte code that is optimized for stack based execute. literally all java has is a stack of call frames. heres what java byte code looks like:

// Bytecode stream: 03 3b 84 00 01 1a 05 68 3b a7 ff f9
// Disassembly:
iconst_0 // 03
istore_0 // 3b
iinc 0, 1 // 84 00 01
iload_0 // 1a
iconst_2 // 05
imul // 68
istore_0 // 3b
goto -7 // a7 ff f9

youre not getting anything back from having to 1. decompile into this byte code, and then 2. analyzing this byte code that isnt just the control flow of the program + how the call frames interact.

also, people dont even understand what goes on in the layers of machine learning, how do you expect to reverse engineer it and come up with not only the layers and flow of the algorithm but actually get parts of source code back.

the only thing ill admit you are onto is that: you could use a ML alg and the reverse engineering tools to mimic the input and output of the program. you would do this by just flooding the input and recording the output and having the alg keep track of the results and adjust the weights in the layers based on that. im sure something like this already exists and that it probably isn't necessary to use machine learning specifically for it
HotHeap
Ban

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Channel GannoK wrote:
# of java programmers is around 10 million, and C++ is 1-1.5 depending where you look.

This makes java the more supported developer base anyways, its probably going to be ported to mobile I imagine eventually.

You can say I know nothing but that claim doesnt mean anything, because youre sperging and practically fanboying over IDA like a script kiddy.

I'm not saying I'm the best programmer or hacker, because I know I'm not, far from it, but youre a dunce and you pick a side and fight when there isn't one to be had lol. Poor troll.

Also brolock, you're playing the complete skeptic and you missed my point of having an offline secure system, if you can't figure out how to keep a system hidden and secure then thats on you. The airgap only applies if you fail to have a system so incabaple of being moved in the first place, whether that's through physical cases or mounting into a wall or something, having security devices built into the chassis, having data wiping devices when the power and data lines to your hard drive are cut off, or completely disabling/removing ports.

There are lots of options. You have to be creative to be able to figure it out well.

When I mean highly encrypted, I do mean bit size and the different various encryption methods, there are more than I know of, which is why this tool ghidra can help not just me understand the patterns. If you have a machine learning algorithm, running a combination of these recompiling tools, it would pick up at least a good idea of what the complexity of whole binaries from multiple developers and recognize certain aspects of the source code I imagine, if it attempted to develop its own version of the code using the decompiler binaries given and comparing it to decompiled binaries the ML script is writting in real time. This is the direction I see this going, it may not be able to get an exact 1for1(example: in C++ to make a new integer you may wanna use int newintforthispost. Well the code bot might come up with int thisinthasashittyname.)

>script kiddy
>ida pro

pick one

noob thinks script kiddies use ida pro

Also just because more developers doesnt mean the language is better

Java jit is garbage and all the indian developers mean nothing

Gtfo u know nothing

This tool is garbage and ida pro already existed

Literally a poor mans ida pro

Brolock wrote:
the govt doesnt release free shit for no

this is probably another honeypot just like tor

the NSA has so much more resources than IDA, so if thats their competition then there's a reason why NSA software is slower. its probably doing a lot of extra shit.

"unless there's some cleverly crafted steganography in their files. it's all open source though and available in plain text, I highly doubt it's as much of a threat and trap as you claim it is. "
I wouldnt doubt that this is exactly whats going on. why isnt it up on github yet, what exactly do they need to prep to just push to it?

Also no, this nsa software is slow cause its made in java.

This is no different then ida pro
atom0s

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghidra is actually not a bad tool at all and offers a lot to the RE community on more than one level.

First and foremost, it is feature rich, and comparable to IDA. It includes all the various basics expected in a modern disassembler and reversing tool. It includes extended features and other goodies not found in IDA as well. They have a comparable decompiler as well which is exciting to see something actually on-par with HexRays come along.

Next, this tool was made in a very small time frame by a small team. Comparing it to IDA is rather stupid in terms of how "good" it is. It has lots of time to mature and catch up to where IDA is. IDA has been around for years, has had lots of public use, testing, feedback and many hands-on things to make it what it is today. It didn't get released being what it is today which a lot of people seem to ignore/forget.

Ghidra also plans to be fully open source in the near future, something IDA can't say at all. This is a huge deal to the RE community because this tool can become better than IDA very quickly with the entire community being able to get hands-on with it.

They just released the initial version publicly. The amount of people using it before-hand was very small due to the nature of the program. Now that it is open to the public, thousands of people have gotten their hands on it and are all agreeing on being excited to see where it goes.

That said, the only downside most have agreed on too is the fact it's written in Java. It is very slow. For small file (malware and similar) analysis it is great, but for large files it is not really viable at this time. But that is where the fact of it becoming open source is exciting, as it is very common to see a tool like this be ported to a different/faster language. I would expect to see this tool rewritten in one of several languages:
- C/C++
- C#
- Python

Mainly due to what the RE scene uses the most language-wise.

The tool is clean of bugs/infections/spying etc. that all the idiot kids want to claim. (I'd assume none of you even know how to use it that are making these claims.) The tool is written in Java, you can fully decompile it if you don't trust it. Tons of people have already been picking it apart to mod it as well as review its code etc. With the plans to be open source in the near future as well, what gain would they have for bugging it?

Anyway, for those interested, it is a great tool with lots of potential. I would suggest checking it out if you haven't already. Just keep IDA on hand for now until things pick up with the community and we start to see more updates for it roll in as it is slow currently.

br0l0ck
Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"clean of bugs/infections/spying etc."

it doesnt need something in the source code in order for the NSA to have a secret agenda for releasing it. youre stupid if you trust the government, especially the NSA.

"With the plans to be open source in the near future as well, what gain would they have for bugging it? "
before asking this, ask what do you they gain for releasing it open source? people claim to hate the NSA so much you really think theyre going to contribute to their opepn source project? you think theyre going to do government contract work for free? if they do they are stupid as fuck and only hurting themselves if they believe that the NSA are actually bad guys.

also you say ghidra is new and not worked on for long: all the sources say that its been used for a long time by the NSA, even 10 years ago I see. How do you know how small their team is? they're the fucking government, they get fuckloads of money im sure they could hire people for such an important application.

the way you wrote your post you sound like you work for the fucking NSA you shill
HotHeap
Ban

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brolock wrote:

it doesnt need something in the source code in order for the NSA to have a secret agenda for releasing it. youre stupid if you trust the government, especially the NSA.

"With the plans to be open source in the near future as well, what gain would they have for bugging it? "
before asking this, ask what do you they gain for releasing it open source? people claim to hate the NSA so much you really think theyre going to contribute to their opepn source project? you think theyre going to do government contract work for free? if they do they are stupid as fuck and only hurting themselves if they believe that the NSA are actually bad guys.

also you say ghidra is new and not worked on for long: all the sources say that its been used for a long time by the NSA, even 10 years ago I see. How do you know how small their team is? they're the fucking government, they get fuckloads of money im sure they could hire people for such an important application.

the way you wrote your post you sound like you work for the fucking NSA you shill

You are the idiot who applied to Google and failed the interview questions cause you didn’t comment your code and did the second question in literally a few mintues which they dont want.

Before you talk shit, remember you are a shitty coder.
br0l0ck
Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol what the fuck are you literally talking about, i passed that interview and got to move on in the process.
whats your credentials fuccboi, cant even get to the interview process?
HotHeap
Ban

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brolock wrote:
lol what the fuck are you literally talking about, i passed that interview and got to move on in the process.

show proof you moved on, cause knowing you, if u truly did, you would of shown off here...but sadly you didn't.

gtfo i only like working at startups.
br0l0ck
Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostMane wrote:
Brolock wrote:

show proof you moved on, cause knowing you, if u truly did, you would of shown off here...but sadly you didn't.

gtfo i only like working at startups.
you dont know me bruh.
but i did get rejected after phone interview. I didnt practice much, as I was busy with course work, so my code was actually kinda shit lel. basically you had to talk while coding, explaining your thought process, what you were doing, and the interviewer gives you tips or ideas and then you have to be able to adapt and change your code/methodology based on that. google has multiple interviews, so after the survey and samples interview (this is the one youre referring to i think), you do the phone one, then you go to in person and do multiple interviews there.
it was the first time i ever did a interview with live code, and second interview ever for any position in general.

also:
https://www.hackread.com/nsa-ghidra-flaw-remote-code-execution-attacks/

this doesnt mean Im right, but it does mean you guys are wrong in saying that this is safe software to use
Channel GannoK
pffrt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghostmane where are you from my man

https://guildav.com
THIS IS JUST AN OPINION
atom0s

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brolock wrote:

Your tinfoil helmet is on too tight champ.

HotHeap
Ban

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

atom0s wrote:
Brolock wrote:

Brolock is a failed programmer, let him have this win.
mdthr
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostMane wrote:
atom0s wrote:
Brolock wrote:

Brolock is a failed programmer, let him have this win.

brolock is incredibly smart please don't give him a supervillain origin story ty

i've never known him as a programmer so idk how he could be failed. afaik he's not been a very big programmer on these forums. i don't think that's due to his competence at all, i just don't think he's ventured or spent a lot of time in it
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
br0l0ck
Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you dont have to defend me, time will show them wrong. I give it less than a year before more info comes out, theres already a bug that allows remote code execution found within days of ghidras public release, despite them claiming that this software was already tested and proven to be clean somehow. saying Im tinfoil hat because I dont trust the NSA is so ridiculous a statement, same people saying to trust this program probably didn't think the NSA was doing any spying until the leaks came out and probably think snowden is a traitor to the USA

and i dont really flex anything i do on here, but i will be graduating with a CS degree in a couple months if you didnt know talix. having a degree doesnt reflect programming skill, but I have done extra work in getting this degree to ensure my skills are better than average so that I can secure a better than average CS job when I graduate
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: