Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Discussion: Realizing No Delay Hack for looting in games.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sh00ter999
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:45 am    Post subject: Discussion: Realizing No Delay Hack for looting in games. Reply with quote

I am looking at Monster Hunter World right now and I love the game, but the looting and gathering can get quite a bit much. Sure, there are tables out there to cheat infinite items, but I'd like to stay as true to the game as possible. This isn't so much about cheating for an advantage, but rather talking about different realizations of Zero Delay cheats.

I want to discuss how one would go about finding values for the time between looting an item. For instance, in case you don't know the game, there might be a pile of bones on the map, you walk up, press loot and the character then starts kneeling down and digging in the mud for approximantely three seconds until he finds the first item. Usually gathering points have three items hidden in them. So that's 3x3=9 seconds to gather three items.

I am imagining if it would be possible to either cancel / nullify the animation alltogether or to freeze the cooldown between looting iterations to 0, so that you would have to go only through one animation cycle and loot all three items at once.

I only know this sort of cheat from First Person Shooters, where the timer between bullet shots for rifles would be set to 0 or something close to it, to have rapid fire. I think that for looting, a similar style of coding might be used. I can only think of two alternatives: either you start at zero and the timer goes up as you start picking up items until you hit a threshhold to signify that you are done looting, and then it resets back to zero, or the other way around. You start at whatever the looting cooldown is, and it decreases to zero, to reset back to its cooldown value.

Either way, I am not having much luck with MHW, partly because it's such a massively taxing game. When I scan for 4 byte addresses with a value of 0 or unknown initial value, I get over one billion results and my entire shit freezes. So, I'm curious if anyone knows any other viable routes.

My go-to method for the first attempt has been to use CE's pause process function, set to a hotkey, and to first scan for 0, start looting, pause immediately and look for any increased values, but no succes so far Laughing

Any thought would be very welcome Very Happy

OldCheatEngineUser
Whateven rank

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:55 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

i made a similar cheat years ago (cant remember which game), the game had a countdown timer from 5 down to 0.

data type was float, i was able to find it by using decreased scans.

and then with ollydbg i did some tracing and went back in subroutines, i was able to achieve insta-loot /gather-up as well as modifying the amount of the loot.

anyways it wasnt easy, but doable.

tip:
the first step nearly in every cheat, is to find the value you are interested in, then with some debugging you can process further.

note:
some reverse engineering skills are required, and being able to understand the disassembly is the key.

STN wrote:
i am a sweetheart.
sh00ter999
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OldCheatEngineUser wrote:
i made a similar cheat years ago (cant remember which game), the game had a countdown timer from 5 down to 0.

data type was float, i was able to find it by using decreased scans.

and then with ollydbg i did some tracing and went back in subroutines, i was able to achieve insta-loot /gather-up as well as modifying the amount of the loot.

anyways it wasnt easy, but doable.

tip:
the first step nearly in every cheat, is to find the value you are interested in, then with some debugging you can process further.

note:
some reverse engineering skills are required, and being able to understand the disassembly is the key.

Thank you very much for your comment!

I will try other datatypes as well. I was shooting for 4 bytes, because I found that the game uses the same datatype for when it counts total play time on a save file; it just hold the amount of total seconds Smile

Do you remember how difficult it was to achieve that with ollydbg? I know a tiny bit about the program, but when it comes to some serious disassembling or assembly in general, I think I will be beaten Sad

Do you remember what you edited in the memory instructions? Did you straight up skip any sort of animation?

Also, by the way, why is ollydbg a more preferable choice than CE's built in memory viewer?

I'll try to approach it step by step, first off I want to see if I can find a value that holds the cooldown Very Happy

OldCheatEngineUser
Whateven rank

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sh00ter999 wrote:
I will try other datatypes as well. I was shooting for 4 bytes, because I found that the game uses the same datatype for when it counts total play time on a save file; it just hold the amount of total seconds

it does not have to be true, they can store data in any numeral representation.

sh00ter999 wrote:
Do you remember what you edited in the memory instructions? Did you straight up skip any sort of animation?

nope i dont remember, yes skipped the animation but i had no intentions to skip it .. but it happened as if the animation synchronized with the countdown value.

sh00ter999 wrote:
Also, by the way, why is ollydbg a more preferable choice than CE's built in memory viewer?

when it comes to disassembly and analyzing olly is better.

sh00ter999 wrote:
Do you remember how difficult it was to achieve that with ollydbg?

easier than CE, and dont forget i used CE as a memory scanner and then olly as a disassembler.

STN wrote:
i am a sweetheart.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: