Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Address Changes During Gameplay
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
salumor
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntumDeluge wrote:
The "1" being dropped doesn't cause address conflict issues?
It should not. I mean that part is what the compiler (or sometimes programmer) does, creating routines to allocate unique addresses.

AntumDeluge wrote:
I think I found another tutorial that may be helpful for me: youtube dot com/watch?v=06t_hoWGa5c

Using the structure dissect, the offset "10" appears to be where "lives" value is stored (attached screenshot).
Nope! It's at +8 we already know. You used "086B9430-8" but you either need to set "086B9438-8" or "086B9430", don't subtract 8 twice (8+8=10 in hex).

The part you still need to do: Mark a view of the "changed addresses list" addresses, add them to the dissect structure. Then remove the first "1" from the address and add the -8 Offset. Then compare that to each other if you find something, that is unique for 086B9430.

There is also Cheat Engine Tutorial Step 9 you know. Wink Or that too:

youtube com/watch?v=kpSRUJfaT1o
AntumDeluge
Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh! That is going to be a pain because there are so many addresses in the changed addresses list.
salumor
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually just a few are needed, sort them for address, select like idk 6 others, 2-3 quite close, others at start/end, choose Right mouse "open dissect data .." and it should prob. be enough. At least you don't need to add all of them.

But you may want to (at Structure Dissect) File\Save values, restart the game, attach, change Value Type, aob scan for the instruction to find it fast, and create the structure again. It helps you sort some things out that change at restart.

EDIT: What i forgott: since the main instruction is fst - it might be you can't find s.t. browsing these memory addresses but you rather need to take look at the stack (or if you see instructions including xmm also the FPU). Take a look at: https://reverseengineering.stackexchange.com/questions/16714/dealing-with-instructions-that-are-accessed-by-multiple-pieces-of-data

Last edited by salumor on Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
AntumDeluge
Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the purple values in the structure dissect list are pointers (other than the lives value located at offset 10). This game is too complicated for a beginner like me. I suppose I will have to keep practicing & come back to this when I have more experience. Crying or Very sad

dissect_structure.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  86.11 KB
 Viewed:  1327 Time(s)

dissect_structure.png

ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a brief look at it and that game looks like a statically compiled / linked virtual machine (more or less same effect as an emulator). Whoever came up with such a stupid idea should have their hands cut off.

If you're lucky, the pointer scanner is probably the easiest solution. You might be able to do something similar to step 9 of the tutorial. If these don't pan out, give up- you're probably wasting your time.

AntumDeluge
Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, been trying to do the pointer scanner for a while without success. I'll probably be giving up on it soon since I just wanted some changes for a single project.

ParkourPenguin wrote:
... looks like a statically compiled / linked virtual machine ... Whoever came up with such a stupid idea should have their hands cut off.

But perhaps a good anti-cheating method?
OldCheatEngineUser
Whateven rank

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntumDeluge wrote:

nope.

STN wrote:
i am a sweetheart.
AntumDeluge
Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OldCheatEngineUser wrote:
nope.

I'll opt to go along with the more experienced users. Smile
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntumDeluge wrote:

You figured out how to change lives, so evidently not. There are far better ways of deterring the reverse engineering of software. I'd guess it's something like the devs already had a code base and wanted to take the lazy way of doing things. Cheap to make but a shit product in the end. I guess it doesn't really matter since the only people who will notice it are the ones that dig into it.

salumor
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True and yet ..... Best example imo last 2,3? Assassin's Creed games (as being the only ones:) using Denuvo + VM Protect, so a Anti Tamper+VM in a VM. Yet, a quite neat table was possible (creating it wasn't an easy task too, still learning from it)- There are also many reports concerning the drain on cpu from tempering the code. If it's for anti-cracking methods, it at least would be nice to remove anything putting unnecessary load onto our systems once it's not needed anymore (like when when sales go way down or a crack comes out or whatever). Some examples do exist, but many - lazzy or just for the sake of it - wont. While it would make creating cheats, as well as understanding the process way easier.

I mean I do remember ... damn (what name was it?) it was some game promised to allow mods but their lack of own support + obfuscation methods turned to nearly no (like 1,5) mods (0,5 meaning something unfinished/buggy) at all (despite low sales). But that's OT.

Btt: On the screenshot, I at least do see one value for your player and 0 for others (just 2 other examples, but anyway). Some idea: it might be that instruction has on that offset just (I believe starting value is:) 3 in it. Esp 3 might break the game, but worth a try. (else would be just some static pointer on game restart, see edited post, search "What i forgott". If it works, it prob. breaks on game updates but till then ...)

Code:
globalalloc(lives,4)
lives:
dd: 0

mem:
  pushf //preserve flags
  cmp [lives],0
  jne short code  //a short check to just save the address once - if that does not lead to desired address may remove first cmp+jne, but be prepared for addr. changes
  cmp [eax+edx+08],(double)3
  jne short code
  mov [lives],edx
  add [lives],eax

code:
  popf // restore flags
//all the rest of your code beginning with:
  fst qword ptr [eax+edx+08]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: