Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Conditionally Close Cheat Engine from Within Trainer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AntumDeluge
Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject: Conditionally Close Cheat Engine from Within Trainer Reply with quote

I'm wondering if it's possible to detect whether or not a trainer is being run from the Cheat Engine process, or as it's own standalone executable (.exe). If it's being run as a standalone, I need to call "closeCE()" to end the Cheat Engine process when the trainer window is closed/hidden. If it was launched from the main Cheat Engine interface, I want the main CE process to continue.

Right now, I just comment out the "closeCE()" line when not run as a standalone:
Code:
local function shutdown()
    -- close/hide trainer window
    Frame.hide()
    -- close Cheat Engine
    --closeCE()
end

Then I just uncomment to build the .exe:
Code:
    Frame.hide()
    -- close Cheat Engine
    closeCE()
end

I've looked around the forums, wiki, & Google a bit, but haven't yet found the information I am looking for.

-- Edit --

Oh! I just came across the TrainerOrigin variable on the wiki (would post a link but don't have permission yet). Perhaps that is what I am looking for. I will do some tests.

-- Solved --

Yup! That is exactly what I needed:
Code:
    Frame.hide()
    -- shutdown Cheat Engine process when run as a standalone application
    if TrainerOrigin ~= nil then
        closeCE()
    end
end
AntumDeluge
Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I've noticed that this only works on my system when CE is launched independent of a cheat table.

For example, if I launch CE by simply opening its executable, TrainerOrigin is nil. However, if I launch CE by clicking on an associated cheat table fie (.CT) from my file manager, TrainerOrigin contains the path to the directory where the cheat table file is located. In which case, by closing my trainer it completely shuts down the CE main interface.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: