Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone playing Victor Vran? could use some help...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atom0s

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I messed with a really long time ago, Victor Vran heavily uses Lua. If that is the case for the entities health values and such, you're going to want to generally scan for a 'double' data type. Lua, by default, stores numeric values in 'doubles' unless the application has custom-compiled Lua and altered the data types used which is fairly rare.
OldCheatEngineUser
Whateven rank

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow64cpu used to emulate 32bit peocesses, so its pointers are useless.
STN wrote:
i am a sweetheart.
MarcRené
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

just found your thread. Tried to cheat this game by myself for some time but with no luck.

In generall: yes, you'll have to search for a 2-Byte-Value to find health.
Usually you'll find 2 values for health, and in 66% of the cases the one with the higher address is the master-value.

As you found out, the code writing to this address also changes hundreds of other addresses. The reason for this behaviour is: it is a LUA engine. And we have found the assembler code of the lua engine interpreter. So, for example, we found the assembler code für "decrease a value" and EVERY single value in the game which is substracted will run through this very code.

So I tried to get a ready-build table. Mr. Antifun could not get it to work, cheathappens version does not work on my GoG version...

I can tell you what does NOT work:

* comparing the Stack of the different addresses
    * comparing registry values of the different addresses
    * Pointerscan (at least with default values. A scan with a path depth of 20 and 4096 Bytes is still running, search has been started 2018-11-05)

Well, one has to hook into the lua engine of the game and then inject some own commands.

If I would have understood the content of the links above, I would be done with cheatting this game, I suppose Smile

To get to know which command has to be injected:
The files of the game can be extracted by the HPK extractor, extended by atom0s.

I wish you the best of luck in your efforts and keep us on the running with your progess, I hope to learn from you Cool

P.S: I had at first put several links in the post but since I am not allowed to post urls... *shrug*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: