Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheat Tool Set - A tool like CE
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, the important point is that charging $300 for stuff you can get for free is ridiculous.

The vast majority of what your software does can be found in other freely available open-source software. The only unique feature you've mentioned so far isn't worth much: the few people that could make use of it can replicate that feature by reverse engineering the target they're working on.

No feature you've advertised makes me think your source code is worth any amount of money. Why do you think it's worth that much (let alone anything)?

PS If you want to make a better argument, avoid the indignation and learn about logical fallacies.

atom0s

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I asked here a few years ago that could I get pointer paths in CE's pointer scanners copy/pasteable in plain text like they are in my tool. Only because I cannot code a line in Pascal nor I barely even understand it.

None bothered to answer. CE's source has has been available for ages. Where is the list of releases that even improved a basic features like that?

You basically answered your own question with this. CE is open source, meaning anyone is free to contribute to it for features like this that are extra and not seen as a must have by most. The argument that you added this to your tool validates the entire feature set is automatically yours is quite a joke. Regardless if you want to admit to understanding Pascal or not, you don't need to know a language or how to code in it to use its code in another language.

The list of features of each release of CE are in the release threads. Minor update notes and more specific details are in the beta release threads which are an opt-in section of the forums. The commit history of the project is also public on Github:
https://github.com/cheat-engine/cheat-engine/commits/master

At this point you are reaching pretty hard to try to make some point that isn't there.

Quote:
It is almost retarded to claim that working with an ancient IDE like Lazarus with Pascal source is more convenient than C#/VS2017.

No one said or claimed this. It was you assuming it was said, when it wasn't. You are the only person that even mentioned Lazarus in this thread.

Also to claim that something is "ancient" simply because you choose not to use it does not validate that its true. Lazarus / Pascal are an actively developed IDE and language just like VS and C#. There is nothing ancient about it just because you dislike the look of the IDE.

Quote:
VS2017 is about 100 years ahead in terms of user friendliness.

Again this is opinion based and is entirely bias when coming from you since you don't use the other. I don't code in Lazarus / Pascal outside of modding CE or submitting fixes etc. but I have no issues at all with the IDE. You are just starting to sound like a child at this point with hating on an IDE/language you choose not to use. No one is forcing you to use it or claiming you have to or anything, but to just sit and bash it soley cause you don't use it is really childish.

Quote:
PS. This was my last reply to these ridiculous claims. I really do not have time for this ...

The hours I've spend on the tool are enormous.

No one is shitting on your tool for your efforts or time, people are laughing at your ridicious price on the source code which is so obviously taken from other tools. Regardless of what you want to claim, it's true. Feel free to release the source for free and it can be easily proven. Anyone can already prove majority of it just by decompiling your stuff as-is and comparing it to, for example, ReSharper.NET.

There is nothing wrong with being inspired by others work and borrowing things from open source projects. But to slap a price tag on others time and work just because you want to claim it took you so long to recode their stuff in a different language or code style to your personal liking is more or less a slap in those developers faces as you try to profit off their work and time.

SunBeam
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the kinds of talks that drive coders away. Even if he did put it together from various tools or sources, it's not your right to judge his work and the fact that he wants to sell the source. Most of the shit I find online is hectic and written in arabic-C++. Is it a crime that people get to reshape that code in terms of purpose and effect, add their own touch, add a lot more functionality then release it? Is it a crime people want $ for their years of development? How many fuckers out there profit from free content? GitHub is full of it. You need a fucking certain level of wisdom to write a piece of software from scratch, without a single shred of inspiration or crap you already got used to from other shit you've seen across time. Let's all credit M$ for the "stdcall WinMain" routine.. if we're still at it. He did credit people, btw.

Lastly, to the author, you shouldn't fucking have to prove to anyone your code is legit and not borrowed. Let them think what they will. You know better.

BR,
Sun
FreeER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SunBeam wrote:
it's not your right to judge his work and the fact that he wants to sell the source
of course it is... everyone makes a judgement on whether something they see for sell is worth their money both before and after they pay for it. I look at trainer images, or just text listings of features, and wonder whether it's worth my money, it's a tiny part of why I started learning though not a major one.

If you want to go around saying people don't have the right to make judgements then eventually someone will just say that you don't have the right to make that judgement xD

Quote:
Lastly, to the author, you shouldn't fucking have to prove to anyone your code is legit and not borrowed. Let them think what they will. You know better.
well obviously you don't have to prove it to random people on the internet... but they're free to not pay for it either and tell other people whatever they want. You may have to prove it to police/court if anyone actually believes and cares enough to bring it up, or risk whatever legal consequences may exist.

/shrug pretty sure they stopped caring 6+ months ago though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: