Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Change of Stack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Menoetius
Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:23 am    Post subject: Change of Stack Reply with quote

I've made quite some progress on a CD nullifer script, but I've come up to an interesting problem. I've been using the ESP stack to discern which values that go through an opcode and it's worked pretty handedly so far. However there is a small issue, as the stack for the values changes while running, and so will the one semi-static value if it's not accessed at the correct time. How can I view all the values that pass through something like ESP+97C, if that's even possible? I've kinda just been trying to press view more at the correct time and comparing the results and comparing them in a spreadsheet with others. Any suggestions, because this method has worked effectively for all other CDs, and this one runs through the same opcode, albeit it has to be picked up by an item first and activated - although the location in memory for CD doesn't change during the duration of the game and once you've gotten said item in the item CD slot it will always be active with the same ESPstack running through? it.
Shoot the Hell Outta You
atom0s

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Create a loader that run the target as a debugged process. Then single step through the entire flow of the application. Each step you can view the stack and registers etc. as needed. Performance will take a hit doing something like this but it should do what you need.
Menoetius
Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How uh, how would I go about doin that...? Any things I may be able to look up and use to assist with that task?
Shoot the Hell Outta You
atom0s

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The topics here are helpful:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/debug/creating-a-basic-debugger
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/debug/writing-the-debugger-s-main-loop

With those, you should be able to pick apart pieces of it that are important and find other resources similar to it. Loop how to set hardware breakpoints and similar. Look for open source unpacker engines and such too which have most of these things in them for reference too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General programming All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: