Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to implement this feature? (No fall)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akami23
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:57 am    Post subject: How to implement this feature? (No fall) Reply with quote

This is 3th person game with bottomless pits. I want to make a script that can distinguish jumping from really high place to normal ground vs jumping to the bottomless pit.

So perchaps we can make somehow character cast some kind of a ray that check if there is a ground under him while character is in fall animation?

I already found a pointer where I can read "fall animation", but the problem is: fall animation when you jump from high ground VS to the botomless pit is the same. So I need to somehow check for the ground, but I don't know how.
TheyCallMeTim13
Wiki Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might be able to find a pointer for the ground material (What tells the game the sound to make as you walk), this would be the thing to look for changes when scanning. Then no material means no ground under you, maybe.
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheyCallMeTim13 wrote:
You might be able to find a pointer for the ground material (What tells the game the sound to make as you walk), this would be the thing to look for changes when scanning. Then no material means no ground under you, maybe.

Thank you. I found ground material ID and that's work perfectly. For example "1" is stone surface, "3" is grass and what is important "0" is nothing. So technically we can detect fall state with it when pointer is 0. But how can we distinguish really long jump down (that could be up to 2 second) and jumping to botomless pit that can insta kill you in less than a second? Obviously I can't use just certain amount of time in order to activate teleport back because it would teleport me back
TheyCallMeTim13
Wiki Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best I can figure is to use a flag to allow the player to fall and use a hotkey to set it. This may require that you also wait for the material ID to change from zero before changing the flag back and preventing falling again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: