Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

value that changes once / variable structure?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marsinspace
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject: value that changes once / variable structure? Reply with quote

Currently have a game where the player is asked to send troop reinforcements to locations A, B, or C in game. Literally, the player is asked “A B or C?” once, and makes a decision.

Although the choice is asked with mutually exclusive options, what I’d like to determine is whether this choice is STORED as a mutually exclusive (integer 1-3), or as a flag structure on the three locations (i.e., 100, 010, 001). Obviously, if the latter is true, a trainer or memory edit could “send” reinforcements to all locations by setting the flag vector “111”.

If the in-game decision had an “undo” button, I know exactly how I’d do this, and it would be fairly straight forward. But what if the decision is made only once? There is no changing value over time, just a value that is set once.

One thought I had… and I’m still googling on this… I’m not sure how CE gets along with VMWare, but it may be possible to run the game and CE in a virtual machine, taking a snapshot prior to the decision. Then generate three different paths with each decision being made, and somehow saving the CE search results from each VM, bringing them together and looking for the consistent memory changes.

Is it possible to use CE/VMware in this way? Sort of as a time machine for memory contents?

Thanks for any help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: