Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help with AOB injection

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Berrit
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:33 am    Post subject: Need help with AOB injection Reply with quote

The game I'm trying to create a table for updates very frequently so i read the tutorials on AOB injection and thought i would give it a try. When i got to the part about finding out what accesses the address i got the posted image. I used two of the items in question which each added 1 count. None of these quite seem to work. I also checked each of them to see what addresses each instruction accesses and there were a lot for each one. I'm unsure what to do.

I understand how to make pointers that persist as long as the game doesn't update.

Access.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  10.46 KB
 Viewed:  4139 Time(s)

Access.png

OldCheatEngineUser
Whateven rank

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:56 am    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

seems to be movsd [edi],xmm0 moving double floating point value. (hopefully not graphical value)

since the instruction accessing bunch of addresses, then you have 5 ways to do it:
see what addresses this instruction accesses:

- compare register states for 3-5 addresses
- open the addresses in dissect data structure
- use structure compare
- structure spider
- use pointer in your script

way 6 (exceptional)
if the previous subroutine is used only for the player, then you can prevent the call.

using pointer in script example:
Code:
mov [ebx+00000480],eax
push edx
push ecx
lea ecx,[ebx+480]
lea edx,[[[[[["Tutorial-i386.exe"+001506E0]+584]+248]+c]+11c]+6c0]
cmp ecx,edx
cmove eax,[CEtut]
mov [ebx+480],eax
pop ecx
pop edx

this is my script for ce tut first step, just an example to provide ... for using pointers in script to compare.

STN wrote:
i am a sweetheart.
Berrit
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow i am so confused lol. The pointers i was trying to make were for inventory items so i could modify the amounts if that matters. Are there any videos or tutorials to help me work on this? Or keywords and things i could search. I'm not against doing work myself, just need a direction to go.
FreeER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typically functions that change many unrelated values are passed arguments relating to how to change the values in which case there is another option which is to "backtrace" to see who calls that function for the value you want (typically making use of conditional breakpoints) and hook that function instead of the more generic one.

As for direction a lot of dealing with instructions that affect multiple values use the keywords "shared opcodes" or "shared instructions" most of which probably use the data dissect or register method, Stephen had a video on using stack values for gamemaker games https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fJFSOPGZyQ which are notorious for having many things going through one instruction.

As for AOBs, I'm not sure there's any that really goes into any depth, they're a pretty simple concept. Just scanning for the bytes in memory, typically that represent the assembly instructions to execute. So it's really just a matter of trying to pay attention to the instructions you're creating an AOB for and seeing which bytes refer to constant values like static addresses and offsets that are more likely to change in an update and knowing that jumps and calls are (often) encoded using offsets from the instruction location to where to go. readmem goes along with getting and using those values, see Chris' recent video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBZV3Y-qo_o

and yeah, there's a lot to it Smile

edit: The pointer example OldCheatEngineUser gave will only work if the pointers don't change during runtime since CE will assemble it into a constant address when the script is enabled, in that case you'd need to separate each offset into a separate read instruction using mov (and possibly lea) which would be done every time the hook was executed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: