Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CheatEngine Detected While Closed (Fortnite)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sklarlight
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject: CheatEngine Detected While Closed (Fortnite) Reply with quote

Hi all,

I've not posted to this forum before, but I wondered if I could have any help in a matter regarding Cheat Engine. On the 26th May, I was being kicked from the game repeatedly for no known reason (at the time). On the 27th May, less than 24-hours after the kicks, I was banned from Fortnite and I spent ages trying to contact support and staff members to determine a cause, I ended up writing a huge post on Reddit trying to retrace my steps of the day I got banned, to no avail. (Tried to post with a URL but I wasn't allowed to.)

Eventually, I was told by a support member that I was banned because Cheat Engine was detected running on my system while I was playing Fortnite, but I know for a fact that it wasn't, for two reasons.

1) - It's impossible to launch Fortnite with Cheat Engine running, as you get a pop-up message saying that a cheat software has been detected, forcing the game to close.
    2) - I contacted Fortnite support on the 26th when I was getting kicked from games repeatedly without any knowledge as to why. If I was running Cheat Engine, contacting Fortnite support would've been a stupid move.

Is it at all possible for the process to be running in the background in any capacity, regardless of whether or not it had previously been open on the same day? Is there any way I can access some kind of information to show what software I was running on that day to determine why it was detected?

Since Fortnite Support can't divulge any further information regarding their Anti-Cheat systems, I'm left trying to find evidence to defend myself with very little information to go ahead with, but I'd appreciate any help that may be given to see if I can get any further information to give to them?

I'm still in touch with support at this time, fortunately, and it's looking less and less likely that I'll be able to restore my account. I know I can just wipe my computer and create another account, but that's not what I'm trying to achieve here.

Obviously, I only use Cheat Engine for single-player games, and I only use it to a very, very basic level, such as adjusting experience points or in-game currency for whenever I play a game a second-time-round that doesn't have a New Game Plus feature. Any help would be immensely appreciated. Thanks! I apologise in advance if this is the wrong part of the forum to post this.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

run the kernelmodule unloader

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Sklarlight
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dark Byte,

Does that confirm that there was a process running after Cheat Engine had closed? And that I would've had to use the kernelmodule unloader back then to make sure the process had properly been shut down? I'm not very experienced with Cheat Engine, which I'm sure is obvious! Thanks for responding though!
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you have any setting in settings-extra checked or used aby of the dbk_ lua functions then dbk64 will be loaded in memory

it is dormant when ce isn't using it but it won't unload itself when ce closes (as there can be multiple instances of ce using it at the same time)

Sklarlight
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe I would've adjusted any of the settings for CE, I'm sure I would've just kept it as it was by default. I very rarely use CE as it is, so I'm thinking that on this particular occasion, something was still running in the background even though CE wasn't open. (As in, its icon wasn't present on the taskbar.) The fact that I didn't receive the warning when launching Fortnite further proves that it wasn't running, but the game still detected something related to CE in the background which was causing the kicks, and ultimately, the ban.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you had this website open, as it does have the word "Cheat Engine" in the title

Alternatively, you browsed an online forum and some smartass used an avatar with the ce binary code as an image, so when they do a physical memory scan they see the code loaded in memory and ban you

broly7
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
Perhaps you had this website open, as it does have the word "Cheat Engine" in the title

Alternatively, you browsed an online forum and some smartass used an avatar with the ce binary code as an image, so when they do a physical memory scan they see the code loaded in memory and ban you

DarkByte is right and i was about to say that. I'm a hack dev of fortnite and having this forum Opened and as main tab of any Browser (Chrome/Fox...) triggers one of the detection vectors of Fortnite.
FN is simply checking all window titles, and kicks you off the game. That repeatedly could cause a ban, cause Epic Games cares nothing of their users false positives or whatever shit.
Sklarlight
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really helpful. I just checked my history and I was on the FAQ page for the Cheat Engine on the 27th May, I was getting kicked from the game on the 27th, and my ban was on the 28th. It never would've occurred to me. That has to be it. The website tab for it would've been open, but not the software. I don't support the hacking or cheating of Fortnite or any other multiplayer games, but your statement of having a webpage open has actually helped me potentially have a definitive cause for my ban. Goddamn, the fact that they ban for something that benign is crazy in my eyes.

That would explain why I was able to launch the game without a pop-up warning of a cheat software being detected because I didn't have Cheat Engine open, just the website tab for it. Jesus. It also explains the repetitive kicks I had. I was told I was banned because I had Cheat Engine open and I knew for a fact that wasn't the case. Do you know if there's anything I else I can say or provide to the person I'm in touch with to help prove that this is the case and that I didn't actually have CE open, by any chance? Thank you both for your help, again.

Last edited by Sklarlight on Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope; you're screwed. If it was just the window name, then you're technically in compliance with Fortnite's EULA; however, that doesn't really matter because they know you're not going to take them to court.

The best chance you have at getting your account back is to briefly explain the situation and politely ask them to fix this mistake. And don't mention you have CE installed- that violates the EULA.

Sklarlight
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for letting me know. I guess I can't really do much, since they know that I had CE installed. (It has been uninstalled since, not that that'll do me much good at this point in time.) However, I'm sure I saw a post on Reddit where a staff member from Epic Games/Fortnite said that they didn't care if you had CE installed and used it for single-player games. I'm going to try and find that so I can quote it. The guy that I'm speaking to is super nice and super supportive, so I think I can try and make another effort at politely explaining the situation as you've recommended. Thanks for your help also!
atom0s

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best you can do is contact them and see if it can be reversed. However, for you to get banned with something like CE or other cheat/hack tools, you would have had to attach it to the game and try to do something.

They do not ban just for having it installed or running. Only if you attempt to do something to the game with it.

Aside from game hacking and malware analysis, I have various tools open almost all the time on my system and have played Fornite with some friends. I've never had any issues with getting banned or similar since I never attached to the game with anything.

Fortnite is handled server sided for both the single-player campaign (Save The World) and the online Battle Royal modes so using Cheat Engine is fairly pointless. Things like hacking ammo/health/etc. are not possible as its all server sided. Most you can do with games like Fortnite are aimbots, ESP, speed hacking in some cases, teleport hacking in some cases, and similar. (Along with exploits to abuse unintended things etc.)

Sklarlight
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just it. I know you have no reason to believe me, but it wasn't open, or attached to the game. That's why I tried to go through an in-depth analysis on a Reddit post to try and determine the cause. When I was told by staff that it was because Cheat Engine was detected, I became thoroughly confused. For example, I've had Steam for nearly 10 years, and I have roughly a thousand games, a lot of them are multiplayer and I've never been banned on a single one. I'm normally super, super careful with this kind of thing. When I first played Fortnite, I had left Cheat Engine open by mistake and I got a pop-up.

With CheatEngine running, you can't launch Fortnite. You get a pop-up when the game launches, telling you to close any cheat software, and it forces the game to quit. I learned my lesson from that point and I closed it down and I've never had it open during Fortnite again. So to get these intermittent kicks on the 27th when Fortnite wasn't open is inexplicable to me. I even contacted Fortnite support on the 27th to report these kicks, if I deliberately had Cheat Engine open, that would be a reckless thing to do. Support came back to me to say my account was fine and just to "restart the game and keep trying" - which inadvertently led to my ban.

atom0s wrote:
Fortnite is handled server sided for both the single-player campaign (Save The World) and the online Battle Royal modes so using Cheat Engine is fairly pointless.

Exactly, I've tried explaining this to them also, but to no avail. I've only ever used it for single-player based games, and it's ever so rare that I use it in the first place.

I've sent the person I'm in touch with this information, as long as a screenshot of my history which shows I was on the FAQ page for Cheat Engine on the date of the kicks, I've backed this up with the fact that I didn't get a pop-up in game to stop me from playing, and that I contacted Fortnite Support for further help regarding the kicks, which I wasn't given any help on. Hopefully all of that combined will allow for me to get unbanned. I hope so. Thanks again for your help, guys. It's much appreciated.
atom0s

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only other thing I could guess would be either DBVM or the driver was still loaded on your machine and triggered something in Fortnite.

Outside of asking them to reverse the ban there isn't much else that can be done aside creating a new account to play on or buying the game again if you play single player mode atm.

Sklarlight
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are my two running theories, that the game detected I had a webpage open for the Cheat Engine FAQ, or something hadn't closed down properly on CE, it can't be the latter theory since CE was not open. So I'm quite confident now that it's been pointed out to me that you can be kicked (and banned after subsequent kicks) for having a tab open for something related to Cheat Engine.

Because I didn't get the pop-up screen, I know for a fact that Cheat Engine wasn't open, and I don't even remember using it at that time. But, of course, because they're stating that I was banned for using it, it's forcing me to doubt myself into thinking I may have had it open earlier that day but I'm confident in saying that I did not use it. Regardless, it was not open while Fortnite was open.

I put quite a bit into my current account for Fortnite, as well as the Save The World campaign, so I'm trying my best to get this account back if I can, and I'm trying to seek any evidence at all to show that I didn't use Cheat Engine, but I'm running out of options.

(They issue machine bans as well, which I know can be bypassed via a clean install, but that's not my agenda here, I'm doing my best to get my current account back.)

Still waiting to hear back from the last email I sent at the moment.
Sklarlight
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broly7 wrote:
...having this forum Opened and as main tab of any Browser (Chrome/Fox...) triggers one of the detection vectors of Fortnite.

Hey, broly7, is there any way you can confirm for me that having the Cheat Engine site, or any of its pages (I was on the FAQ page) triggers one of the detection vectors by any chance? I don't think support are going to take me seriously unless I can back it up with something further, because as far as they're concerned, they're straight-up saying I used Cheat Engine when I know for a fact that I didn't. I don't know how vague or detailed their info is, but even Easy Anti-Cheat, who I contacted, said there was no suspicious activity from me on the 27th-28th.

Last edited by Sklarlight on Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: