Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MMO Marketboard scan. Newbie in need of direction.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pommeverte
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:48 pm    Post subject: MMO Marketboard scan. Newbie in need of direction. Reply with quote

Hey guys. I'm relatively new to assembly and game hacking in general. I decided to do the following as my motivational learning project but would need some guidance.

I have an MMO and would like to scan the Market board and save all the data to a local database. (I would do this every hour or so to keep my local db up to date). This would allow me to parse statistics and other useful information.

Where I'm at:

I've analysed the network data and have managed to decrypt enough of the incoming data (from the servers to the game) to parse any market board information I require. This however requires me to access the MB in game and make the server requests manually.
I'm also pretty familiar with the outgoing packet structure. (although there are a couple byte sequences who's use still remain unknown to me)

What's left and what I need help with:

I need to automate sending the requests to the servers for specific item IDs so that I can then parse the return packets.
I've thought of two ways both of which I'm unsure would work and would like your input on.

First of all would be fabricating outbound packets with the requests. I don't know how viable this is since the client is constantly sending data over the network and seq values are constantly changing, seems like I would run into many race condition issues here.
Is there any trick to this?
I don't think it would be a realistic project for me to fully emulate a client as that would mean going through the process of figuring out how to authenticate the client and keep alive. (outside the scope of me learning at this point)

Second option I thought of was somehow identify via cheat engine where the call to the "view data for this object in market board" feature was being made (or at the very least when and where the item ID is being stored) and then somehow calling this code while changing the item ID.
Is this even a viable idea?
If it is I'll have to run you guys though what I'm doing. I've identified the code that sends the packet out but I don't really know where to find the item id I would like to find. Should I manually inspect every address found in the registries at this point in the hopes I find something?

How would you proceed?

Thanks a ton for your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: