Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does Pointer scanning work faster with more Pointer Maps?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BladeRavinger
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject: Does Pointer scanning work faster with more Pointer Maps? Reply with quote

Hey guys.

im working on cracking a game Medieval Kingdom Wars.

i have 2 maps right now and im comparing the 2, the scan has been running for an hour and a half hitting 900Billion paths with Zero winners so far.

i ran a 5 point scan and it completed instantly with zero results, now i am trying 7 as i was not brave enough to try 10 knowing it could take a week.

my question is, if i have say, 5+ pointer maps to compare instead of just the 2, will the scan be faster or just subject me to more data that i have to sift through?

as really i could have restarted the game, and my pc 5 times by now, got fresh maps and compared all in the time it has taken me to get zero results (so far) on this.

if it would be faster to have more maps i may actually just stop this scan and scan at 10 pointers with 5/6 pointer maps

Thanks guys,
Blade
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll slow down the initial scan slightly, but the pointers found should be more consistent. This saves disk space and time that would've been spent on rescans. Improvements per extra pointer map will generally diminish the more pointer maps are added. 2 or 3 extra pointer maps should be fine; 10 seems overkill.

Use "Max different offsets per node" if the scan is taking too long.

BladeRavinger
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply ParkourPenguin,

i started again with 2 fresh maps and was able to do a scan with 5000 max offset and 10 pointers instantly with Zero results.

Either im getting it all wrong or this game is uber complex.

im going to try it again later with a clean slate..

i noticed there is a network option when pointer scanning, does this mean i could have a portion of my scans run remotely to speed up the process i.e. on one of my idle dedicated servers.

Thanks
Blade
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There may not be good pointers to certain things depending on how the game is accessing them.

You may want to look into code injection. That game also relies heavily on Lua (according to this steam forum post), so hooking the Lua state might be a better option.

Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

make sure the pointermaps are valid. e.g after a restarr and find the right accompanying address. (so don't use pointermaps with wrong addresses)

and yes, the network option lets you use windows based servers to help out with pointerscans

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: