Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can video game devs stop making their characters look gay af
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HackOtaku
I posted the 500000th topic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:58 am    Post subject: Can video game devs stop making their characters look gay af Reply with quote

Saw afriend playing a new BR game called Darwin Project, was mad when the first screen I saw had graphics like this:

God I hate when games look like I am playing in a fucking cartoon. PUBG will be better than this because I don't feel like a gigantic faggot while playing.

Same reason I don't play Fortnite:

God it's just terrible. [/b]
br0l0ck
Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just stop playing video games, theyre all shit now. go back and play some classics if you want to enjoy anything. i never think about newer games i beat, i always think about the older ones (which I play recently, not like nostalgia shit). somehow video games are regressing, even the graphics are boring. i dread when these tumblr artists grow up a bit and start doing art for games, THEN they will REALLY look like shit
HackOtaku

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brolock wrote:
just stop playing video games, theyre all shit now. go back and play some classics if you want to enjoy anything. i never think about newer games i beat, i always think about the older ones (which I play recently, not like nostalgia shit). somehow video games are regressing, even the graphics are boring. i dread when these tumblr artists grow up a bit and start doing art for games, THEN they will REALLY look like shit

Games populated by ripoff adventure timey characters with those stupid puffy cheeks

o o
)---(

You're right, games are getting worse and there are not enough visionaries doing anything worthwhile, everyone's just cloning what worked in the past and making shit clones, or half baking a game and selling it "Pre-alpha" for 5 years.
clash of clans hacks
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you ge mad for the existence of games with styles you don't like? Just don't play them?
I can't say I like this style either but I do think it works well for certain types of video games (take TF2 or Loadout for example). Makes them look fun and not all too serious, and makes things a lot easier to distinguish from each other (characters/classes, enemies, foreground/background,...)
Kurifodo
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brolock wrote:

There is a lot of shit to shovel through, but you just got to pick the right games. Resident Evil 7 that came out last year was probably the best one released since RE4. I bought the Switch and I can honestly tell you Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild is the greatest game I've ever played. Mario Odyssey is easily the best 3rd person 3D platformer released this decade.

28190718_1655664207856513_252013262_n (1).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  84.48 KB
 Viewed:  6763 Time(s)

28190718_1655664207856513_252013262_n (1).jpg

HackOtaku

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adnihil wrote:
Why do you ge mad for the existence of games with styles you don't like? Just don't play them?
I can't say I like this style either but I do think it works well for certain types of video games (take TF2 or Loadout for example). Makes them look fun and not all too serious, and makes things a lot easier to distinguish from each other (characters/classes, enemies, foreground/background,...)

>not understanding negative criticism of an industry
>hurr durr if u dun lik it dun play

Why do you comment on threads you don't like? Just don't read them.

Loadout:

This looks fucking retarded.

Lmao this is exactly what I am talking about, looks like a perfect game for an 11 year old kid.

TF2 is just okay because that was sort of the defining example, as far as I can tell, most devs are trying to copy that look. To be honest though, I didn't play a lot of TF2, and the art style bothered me then too, so it's annoying to see it spreading out as far as it is.

"oh man I can't wait to play as the fat cartoon lesbian"

Clifford wrote:
Brolock wrote:

There is a lot of shit to shovel through, but you just got to pick the right games. Resident Evil 7 that came out last year was probably the best one released since RE4. I bought the Switch and I can honestly tell you Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild is the greatest game I've ever played. Mario Odyssey is easily the best 3rd person 3D platformer released this decade.

BotW is a meme game that's mostly hype. I didn't think it was that good, Zelda is only okay as an open world game, I surprisingly prefer the lineality of the older games.
br0l0ck
Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clifford wrote:
Brolock wrote:

BotW i watched my friend play, it looked underwhelming and definitely not up to the hype, my friend didn't enjoy it much either. same with mario odyssey, i watched him play through, looked pretty boring and he thought it was just okay as well. saying its the best 3rd person 3d platformer game doesn't say much, that isn't a very big genre and mario will obv. dominate that market

Adnihil wrote:
because other people like shit shoveled into their mouths and eventually all the good stuff goes away because the market isn't big enough. if no one complains that the overall quality of games is going down, then it will all just end up shitty. this is what has happened to the movie industry, no creativity, formulaic, people eat it up. a good movie comes out, and people just call it pretentious and go watch the Avengers 5

--- side note
I like TF2 and its art stlye, but tf2 is an over 10 year old game, no one should be copying its art style at this point, if they want to do something similar that is fine, but most of these new games don't have a defining style.

I will say monster hunter world looks good, but it is a niche game. I also look forward to anything From Software puts out, DS2 and bloodborne were a bit disappointing (id rather play them than any other new release game), but DS3 is still really good. read dead 2 and the new god of war will probably be fun as well, but there is still a lot of shit passable games released that you are better of playing or replaying an older game
HackOtaku

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brolock wrote:
Clifford wrote:
Brolock wrote:

BotW i watched my friend play, it looked underwhelming and definitely not up to the hype, my friend didn't enjoy it much either. same with mario odyssey, i watched him play through, looked pretty boring and he thought it was just okay as well. saying its the best 3rd person 3d platformer game doesn't say much, that isn't a very big genre and mario will obv. dominate that market

Adnihil wrote:
because other people like shit shoveled into their mouths and eventually all the good stuff goes away because the market isn't big enough. if no one complains that the overall quality of games is going down, then it will all just end up shitty. this is what has happened to the movie industry, no creativity, formulaic, people eat it up. a good movie comes out, and people just call it pretentious and go watch the Avengers 5

--- side note
I like TF2 and its art stlye, but tf2 is an over 10 year old game, no one should be copying its art style at this point, if they want to do something similar that is fine, but most of these new games don't have a defining style.

I will say monster hunter world looks good, but it is a niche game. I also look forward to anything From Software puts out, DS2 and bloodborne were a bit disappointing (id rather play them than any other new release game), but DS3 is still really good. read dead 2 and the new god of war will probably be fun as well, but there is still a lot of shit passable games released that you are better of playing or replaying an older game

Yeah, Dark Souls has done a very good job with their motif, and MH has looked good from watching my friends play. Shame the PC release is so far away.

I think it's easier to make cartoony bubbly people, so it's so prevalent because 80 percent of modern games being released are rush job hacks.
br0l0ck
Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is easier because you just make some shitty non detailed models and slap some filters on them to make them colorful

its like we went from brown generic shooters to high contrast ones, neither were original or fun to look at.
clash of clans hacks
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HackOtaku wrote:
Adnihil wrote:

Lol, what are you getting so defensive about? I'm just saying there are multiple styles of games. You can criticize all you want, but no reason to get mad about it.
Mania Guy
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of this topic is all subjective, hell so is the title

gr8 b8 m8

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brolock wrote:
it is easier because you just make some shitty non detailed models and slap some filters on them to make them colorful

its like we went from brown generic shooters to high contrast ones, neither were original or fun to look at.

You mush change reputation of different member to be able to change reputation of the same member twice.

Adnihil wrote:
HackOtaku wrote:
Adnihil wrote:

Lol, what are you getting so defensive about? I'm just saying there are multiple styles of games. You can criticize all you want, but no reason to get mad about it.

woah woah, no need to be so defensive there little buddy. I'm just saying there are multiple styles of threads, no reason to get so angry.

Essentially all you're saying is because I said I was "mad" at modern developers, I should just experience some other emotion instead in order to make my points valid? What is the correct emotion to feel/tell you I am feeling in order to have legitimate criticism in your eyes? Gotta make sure I do it right next time.
br0l0ck
Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mania Guy wrote:
Most of this topic is all subjective, hell so is the title

gr8 b8 m8
its not subjective that there are many games copying the art style of the 10 year old game tf2. if you admit that and then say you are ok with it then that is your subjective point of view, but it sounds ridiculous.

there's also still many retro and pixel art games which you could say the same about, but with those games they at least have the advantage of taking the gameplay of the old games as well, which was excellent, and usually improve upon it. still the market has too many of those making it hard to find the good ones. //this is subjective

as for the title, there is a clear pushing of the gay movement and more gay acceptance which leads to an over saturation of gay things as well. if you dont enjoy gay things (their humor and aesthetic is super fucking annoying) and over saturated colors and the cartoon psuedo cell shade art style, you're better off playing older games

also not subjective that games with the minimalist cartoon style are easier to make the art for because the models are simple, have filters, and the environment is simple with filters as well. compared to games like the witcher 3, souls series, the newest final fantasy and xenoblade 2 which have more detail and while all similar in setting (trees, forest shit, castle type shit, some anime type shit in the last 3) have distinct art style and youre not going to confuse any of them for the other
clash of clans hacks
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A grown ass man shouldn't be experiencing any emotion towards the existence of a style or genre. It's like saying PUBG and all other shooters are shit because you don't like guns, and then becoming angry when someone makes a shooter game. It's OK to not like something and to give valid criticism, but when something that's not targeted towards you makes you mad, then you're acting like a baby.

Like, if you'd say you feel disappointed because the game is good but you dislike the style they chose to go with, that would be valid (mature) criticism. It's a whole other story when you actually get angry because some developers are making games you're not going to play. Not everything revolves around you.
I also don't like the style, but there is no valid reason to get angry about it.
HackOtaku

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adnihil wrote:
A grown ass man shouldn't be experiencing any emotion towards the existence of a style or genre. It's like saying PUBG and all other shooters are shit because you don't like guns, and then becoming angry when someone makes a shooter game. It's OK to not like something and to give valid criticism, but when something that's not targeted towards you makes you mad, then you're acting like a baby.

Like, if you'd say you feel disappointed because the game is good but you dislike the style they chose to go with, that would be valid (mature) criticism. It's a whole other story when you actually get angry because some developers are making games you're not going to play. Not everything revolves around you.
I also don't like the style, but there is no valid reason to get angry about it.

>hurr durr u r an adult experiencing emotions
>because I said I was "mad" as a throw away word, when it's really at best disappointment and me examining how it looks bad and how it's a growing trend.
>u sed mad, therefore u r a kid getting mad at video games, be a grown up man like me
>trying to define "maturity " is a marked sign of the mature man
>being this much of a faggot unironically

Enjoy your life of milquetoast opinions.

What have you offered of substance to the conversation?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: