Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying To Modify Food Value in Battle Brothers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rootine
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject: Trying To Modify Food Value in Battle Brothers Reply with quote

Hi all!

I want to modify the 'Food' value in Battle Brothers. I found the address for the displayed value but I'm unable to locate the one for the source value.
I figured I should find out what writes to the first one and progress from there. The program found one instruction. Problem is, I can't make sense of how it works.
I've tried back tracing it and adding every address I could find (between []) but I haven't been successful. Could you help me?

Here's a screenshot of what I got (the 'Food' value is 151, see upward left part of the game screen):
Can't post links! s9LIIq0.jpg (on imgur)
LewcowVaal
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Trying To Modify Food Value in Battle Brothers Reply with quote

Rootine wrote:
Hi all!

I want to modify the 'Food' value in Battle Brothers. I found the address for the displayed value but I'm unable to locate the one for the source value.
I figured I should find out what writes to the first one and progress from there. The program found one instruction. Problem is, I can't make sense of how it works.
I've tried back tracing it and adding every address I could find (between []) but I haven't been successful. Could you help me?

Here's a screenshot of what I got (the 'Food' value is 151, see upward left part of the game screen):
Can't post links! s9LIIq0.jpg (on imgur)

Probably the effective value is managed by the game in a different way and it could be a totally different value type.

By the way if you right click on the instruction in the disassembler and you click "Find out what addresses this instruction accesses" you can see which addresses the given instruction is accessing to.

Have you tried by doing an All type scan starting by an unknown initial value and Dec / Inc?
Rootine
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Trying To Modify Food Value in Battle Brothers Reply with quote

LewcowVaal wrote:
Probably the effective value is managed by the game in a different way and it could be a totally different value type.

By the way if you right click on the instruction in the disassembler and you click "Find out what addresses this instruction accesses" you can see which addresses the given instruction is accessing to.

Have you tried by doing an All type scan starting by an unknown initial value and Dec / Inc?

Hi Lewcow! Thanks for your answer!

Yes, that's what I thought!

Yes, I did that and got a few hundreds addresses. Tried those with higher counts but it didn't do anything.

Yes, I did that. Sadly it didn't return any working address. I'm thinking the value may be inverted (like increasing when it decreases on display).
LewcowVaal
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Trying To Modify Food Value in Battle Brothers Reply with quote

Rootine wrote:
LewcowVaal wrote:

Hi Lewcow! Thanks for your answer!

Yes, that's what I thought!

Yes, I did that and got a few hundreds addresses. Tried those with higher counts but it didn't do anything.

Yes, I did that. Sadly it didn't return any working address. I'm thinking the value may be inverted (like increasing when it decreases on display).

It could be also that (i don't think it is)

Anyway remember to gain or to spend some food after freezing the value to let the game refresh the graphical address
Rootine
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Trying To Modify Food Value in Battle Brothers Reply with quote

LewcowVaal wrote:
It could be also that (i don't think it is)

Anyway remember to gain or to spend some food after freezing the value to let the game refresh the graphical address

So, I did a new scan this time with changed/unchanged values.
It came up with several addresses. Every time my food supply changes, their values also change. But, the numbers don't make sense (see notepad in the screenshot, food value displayed is up and below are 4 bytes values for relevant addresses) and I don't know how to change them.

Still on imgur, but: XoL6jF5.png
OldCheatEngineUser
Whateven rank

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chances are: your value is encrypted, still no big deal.
STN wrote:
i am a sweetheart.
Rootine
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OldCheatEngineUser wrote:
chances are: your value is encrypted, still no big deal.

Dear OldCheatEngineUser, I'm glad to hear that! I thought about back tracing the values I got but I've had trouble doing it with the displayed value (the addresses that access it are used for other things in game and the breakpoints I set trigger before I can change the food value).

So, if you have any pointer (ah!) or knowledge you can share with me on this, I'd be thankful!
LewcowVaal
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found something on youtube btw watch?v=ijdyjeoxr7g

And people are saying that the problem could be related by an anti-cheat patch they applied.

They also say to try opening CE first, then launching the game

Give it a try Wink
Rootine
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewcowVaal wrote:
I found something on youtube btw watch?v=ijdyjeoxr7g

And people are saying that the problem could be related by an anti-cheat patch they applied.

They also say to try opening CE first, then launching the game

Give it a try Wink

Hey Lewcow, thanks for sticking with me Smile !
Money actually isn't an issue! It's a simple float that you can scan right away.
So that's why I'm surprised Food doesn't work the same. Though, in fact, it consists of inventory stacks and takes various forms (unlike Gold).
OldCheatEngineUser
Whateven rank

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rootine wrote:

Dear OldCheatEngineUser, I'm glad to hear that! I thought about back tracing the values I got but I've had trouble doing it with the displayed value (the addresses that access it are used for other things in game and the breakpoints I set trigger before I can change the food value).

So, if you have any pointer (ah!) or knowledge you can share with me on this, I'd be thankful!

you can trace the instruction thats writing to the address (in many cases it will lead you faster to the value)

about the addresses that are accessed by the instruction, you can put a conditional break-point. (e.g. eax==0x123abc)

STN wrote:
i am a sweetheart.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: