Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Faster Execution Script for this AoB Scan>Replace
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aldrinjohnom
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Faster Execution Script for this AoB Scan>Replace Reply with quote

Hey to you all Guys Smile I have been enjoying Lua scripting since I discovered it with cheat engine. But every code that I have was just basic and was given to me by the community. This Script below Scans a MULTIPLE 4 byte values and change them all into "14",

But the problem persist to the amount of TIME it consumed when I type to execute this LUA Script Sad it takes two minutes for it to finish its scan(for a 512 scan buffer). When I tried to change the scan buffer into "16", the time became 20 seconds for the lua to finish, which is a huge difference to the amount of time and is very helpful...

BUT... Is there ANY WAY to make the this Script Faster? If someone can customize my Script below for faster improvement, They I Might like that Smile. Im Looking forward through "INSTANT FINISH" XD

Code:

function replace(searchV, replaceV)
  if type(searchV) ~= "table" then
    searchV = {(assert(tonumber(searchV),"Could not convert first argument to number"))}
  end
  replaceV = math.floor(replaceV)

for i,v in ipairs(searchV) do
    v = math.floor(v)
    local res = AOBScan(string.format("%02X %02X %02X %02X", v & 0xff, v>>8 & 0xff, v>>16 & 0xff, v>>24 & 0xff), "+W-C", 1, 4)
    if res then
      for j=0, res.Count-1, 1 do
        writeInteger(res[j], replaceV)
      end
      res.destroy()
    end
  end
end
replace({2400006,59374,29686,14406,118830,59374,21606,12006,16006,4006,1400000,60480006,........},14)

Last edited by aldrinjohnom on Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:49 am; edited 3 times in total
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could speed it up by restricting the scans to a certain memory region or by using a custom type for a single-pass scan, but why are you even scanning for that many values in the first place? Searching for and replacing values blindly isn't a good idea the vast majority of the time because it's slow and can cause many unforeseen problems. Code injection could be a much better way of doing whatever you're trying to do.
FreeER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm mostly guessing here but if those are constant values then quit doing the int to str aob conversion in the function. It's fine to use some code to generate the aob eg.

Code:
    searchV = {(assert(tonumber(searchV),"Could not convert first argument to number"))}
  end

print('{')
    v = math.floor(v)
    searchV[i] = string.format("'%02X %02X %02X %02X'",
      v & 0xff, v>>8 & 0xff, v>>16 & 0xff, v>>24 & 0xff)
      -- this can probably be simplified to just string.format('%x', v)
  end
  print(table.concat(searchV,', '))
  print('}')
end

but after that just store them as usable data in the script

Code:
  end

local res = AOBScan(v, "+W-C", 1, 4)
    if res then
      end
      res.destroy()
    end
  end
end

local aobs = { '06 9F 24 00', 'EE E7 00 00', 'F6 73 00 00', '46 38 00 00', '2E D0 01
00', 'EE E7 00 00', '66 54 00 00', 'E6 2E 00 00', '86 3E 00 00', 'A6 0F 00 00',
}

replace(aobs, 14)

beyond that you might be able to use createThead eg.

Code:
  end

createThread(function(Thread,v)
      if res then
        end
        res.destroy()
      end
    end,v)
  end
end

local aobs = { ... }

replace(aobs, 14)

Now, I ran out of memory trying that on the tutorial so you probably don't want to create a new thread for every one but just using 10 or so etc.

Of course there's the obvious options of limiting the scan region if you know all the results are in a certain module etc. or finding the code that uses those values and modifying it to use 14 instead of whatever the value is (or changing the value to 14)...
aldrinjohnom
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ParkourPenguin wrote:
You could speed it up by restricting the scans to a certain memory region or by using a custom type for a single-pass scan, but why are you even scanning for that many values in the first place? Searching for and replacing values blindly isn't a good idea the vast majority of the time because it's slow and can cause many unforeseen problems. Code injection could be a much better way of doing whatever you're trying to do.

Those values that are currently being replaced into "14" are the amount of resources required to build a certain "city" in my game. As you can see there are many things. because those are combinations of gold,lumber,zinc,mineral,ect... changing it to "14" on my game will result all those value to become "FREE" instead of spending a large amount of resources to build it. So yeah, I need to change it all Very Happy. Previously, you had suggested code injecton to me, But I got confused on tutorials that I cant get over how to do the code injection,analyzing breakpoints Sad.

So I sticked to my Old fashioned way of Changing all those values "One by One" into "14" XD XD.

As answer to a conclusion, Is there no way to make the execution instant as possible? I Still need to learn more things Sad so please have patience to me Sad

FreeER wrote:
I'm mostly guessing here but if those are constant values then quit doing the int to str aob conversion in the function. It's fine to use some code to generate the aob eg.

Code:
  end

print('{')
    v = math.floor(v)
  end
  print('}')
end

but after that just store them as usable data in the script

Code:
  end

if res then
      end
      res.destroy()
    end
  end
end

local aobs = { '06 9F 24 00', 'EE E7 00 00', 'F6 73 00 00', '46 38 00 00', '2E D0 01
00', 'EE E7 00 00', '66 54 00 00', 'E6 2E 00 00', '86 3E 00 00', 'A6 0F 00 00',
}

replace(aobs, 14)

beyond that you might be able to use createThead eg.

Code:
  end

if res then
        end
        res.destroy()
      end
    end,v)
  end
end

local aobs = { ... }

replace(aobs, 14)

Now, I ran out of memory trying that on the tutorial so you probably don't want to create a new thread for every one but just using 10 or so etc.

Of course there's the obvious options of limiting the scan region if you know all the results are in a certain module etc. or finding the code that uses those values and modifying it to use 14 instead of whatever the value is (or changing the value to 14)...

Oh, I dont Know where to start on those Scripts. But I will try it out. I will send My concerns there after Smile

Last edited by aldrinjohnom on Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
FreeER

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is there no way to make the execution instant as possible?
You might as well ask if there is no way to find 50 random people out of 7 billion... because that's pretty close to what you're doing. You have a game that's probably using a few billion bytes of data and you're trying to scan all of that data to find what you care about, many times.

At the least you could probably instead find how many resources you have and max them out instead of finding the costs and making them cheap, because there are probably fewer resources to change than item costs. Even better would be to understand the code that uses those resources and change it to not use any (or to use them even if you don't have enough, letting the values become negative).
aldrinjohnom
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeER wrote:

Code:
  end

print('{')
    v = math.floor(v)
  end
  print('}')
end

Your idea is great that I should guess the AoB Already by using your first code. But How can I use this?

end

print('{')
v = math.floor(v)
end
print('}')
end

For example I want to search "2400006" into an AoB. Where should I input it on that code? I dont quite understand how the code works actually XD because im still a newbie until now XD
FreeER

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

basically the same way you used it before. function replace({'240006'}, 123) though replaceV isn't actually used anymore so you could remove the math.floor line and just not pass anything.
aldrinjohnom
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeER wrote:
basically the same way you used it before. function replace({'240006'}, 123) though replaceV isn't actually used anymore so you could remove the math.floor line and just not pass anything.

Is this the right way to use this script? I have tried both the second and the third code you post:

If I choose your second Code,it will look like this:

Code:

end

if res then
      end
      res.destroy()
    end
  end
end

replace({'2400006','59374'},14)

If I use your third code, it will look like this:

Code:

end

if res then
        end
        res.destroy()
      end
    end,v)
  end
end

replace({'2400006','59374'},14)

Both of this code doen't work.. Am I doing something wrong?
FreeER

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ones that actually write to memory expect a valid AOB strings eg replace({'06 9F 24 00', 'EE E7 00 00'}, 14), the one that just prints is used to convert replace({'2400006','59374'},14) to the table {'06 9F 24 00', 'EE E7 00 00'} so that you can copy and paste that into your script so that you don't have to do all the converting while trying to scan (which, theoretically, makes it take a bit longer).
aldrinjohnom
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeER wrote:
The ones that actually write to memory expect a valid AOB strings eg replace({'06 9F 24 00', 'EE E7 00 00'}, 14), the one that just prints is used to convert replace({'2400006','59374'},14) to the table {'06 9F 24 00', 'EE E7 00 00'} so that you can copy and paste that into your script so that you don't have to do all the converting while trying to scan (which, theoretically, makes it take a bit longer).

Ok Got it Very Happy . SO what I need to do is to convert those decimals into a BIG endian hexadecimals. I will try out the scripts accuracy and reply a feedback.
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aldrinjohnom wrote:
SO what I need to do is to convert those decimals into a BIG endian hexadecimals

Minor note: that's actually little endian.
Code:
  value (dec): 2400006
  value (hex): 0x00249F06
   big endian: 00 24 9F 06
little endian: 06 9F 24 00

Also, if you could edit your first post and remove that ridiculously long list of values, I think everyone reading this thread would appreciate it.

FreeER

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ParkourPenguin wrote:
Also, if you could edit your first post and remove that ridiculously long list of values, I think everyone reading this thread would appreciate it.

It'll also need to be removed from the quote. I've come across it before so I just created a JS script (or 2) to fix it https://github.com/FreeER/CE-Examples/blob/master/ce%20forum%20break%20long%20lines.js with a little css help from Sn34kyMofo/h3x1c
aldrinjohnom
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ParkourPenguin wrote:
aldrinjohnom wrote:
SO what I need to do is to convert those decimals into a BIG endian hexadecimals

Minor note: that's actually little endian.
Code:
  value (dec): 2400006
  value (hex): 0x00249F06
   big endian: 00 24 9F 06
little endian: 06 9F 24 00

Oh, you're right xD I was dazzled about the difference of big and little endian before but now I know Smile

post edited Smile Im also having a hard time scrolling to the right to click the "quote" button xD Hahaha.

FreeER wrote:
ParkourPenguin wrote:

It'll also need to be removed from the quote.

Quote edited Smile

FreeER wrote:

I've come across it before so I just created a JS script (or 2) to fix it {I deleted the url because I cant post url yet} with a little css help from Sn34kyMofo / h3x1c [/quote]

I dont quite understand how to use this.

SO now I have completed my code converting them into hexadecimal in little endian form. And FreeER was right about the improved speed. But I am curious how other players make their executions on their scripts blazingly fast(like it finished instantly). I mean as I tried to make every resource instant(as what you seen on my first code which is that very long code),the speed was not enough if I compared it on the performance of other scripts which players used.

But as Parkour Penguin said about code injection,If players used code injection, did they mastered the game already? I mean what I know is that I need to be familiar with the memory of the game and detect where should I inject my code. It is like mastering its memory with alot of trial end error(I guess). Any examples where I can start?
FreeER

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aldrinjohnom wrote:
I dont quite understand how to use this [javascript].
Open the dev console and paste in the js code or create a bookmark and edit it so that the "url" is the minified js code. There's two different variations, one splits the textNode for long lines into multiple shorter ones and adds line breaks inbetween while the other uses CSS to format the table which contains the lines so that they have a max width.

aldrinjohnom wrote:
It is like mastering its memory with alot of trial end error(I guess).
Not really, find the values and then seen what accesses them and change that code to do what you want. You need some basic understand of assembly but alot of the most common instructions are fairly understandable like 'add' (add), 'sub' (subtract), 'mov' (move), fst (float store) and CE does a decent job of helping at the bottom of the disassembler. In this case there's probably a compare against your actual resources to see if you have enough, a conditional jump to fail if you don't, and then a sub to actually change your resources. Those could be in the same function and close together or the check could be a separate function from the one that changes your resources.

As for where to start:
http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=542093 - step 4 +
http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=572465
http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=570083
aldrinjohnom
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeER wrote:
Not really, find the values and then seen what accesses them and change that code to do what you want. You need some basic understand of assembly but alot of the most common instructions are fairly understandable like 'add' (add), 'sub' (subtract), 'mov' (move), fst (float store) and CE does a decent job of helping at the bottom of the disassembler. In this case there's probably a compare against your actual resources to see if you have enough, a conditional jump to fail if you don't, and then a sub to actually change your resources. Those could be in the same function and close together or the check could be a separate function from the one that changes your resources.

Thank you for sharing your ideas Smile But As I have already passed level 8(pointer scan values of CE tutorial), there is something missing still which I cant figure out. We all know that The Pointer tutorial is just an example and is very different on certain games(like mine) and I dis not help me in finding the right pointer(even analyzing the memory). And I have also read those two articles by Sir Rydian,and I believe that when I try to pointer scan the code and follow specific methods of pointer scanning(like at youtube videos). CE pointer scanner always gave Me a blank result after specific Inspection Tryouts on the Memory. Do some of you experience that too? Well My game uses "shockwave flash" as a hint. Help Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: