Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

» Trainer without Tables? (memoryrecord_(un)freeze)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chem0ne
Cheater

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: » Trainer without Tables? (memoryrecord_(un)freeze) Reply with quote

Trainer without Tables:
so, it's possible or i'll need tables for a standalone trainers?
or in other words, is there any other method to (un)freeze through lua code instead of memoryrecord_(un)freeze?

OR only with timers?

regards
chem

FreeER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First memoryrecord_ is the older method before DB made it a little more OOP so you can do memoryrecord.Active = True (if it's a script it'll run it, otherwise if it's a value it'll freeze it).

Second, you can do the same thing with a CETRAINER as a table since the trainer includes the address list, it's just not "editable" like a table is.

If you're wanting to do it without CE (C++, C#, etc) then you'll have to implement the parts that CE is doing for you, like constantly setting the value (eg. some kind of timer).
chem0ne
Cheater

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, good so far. new changes, new features etc.

fine but sadly there is nowhere any reference for the new lua changes, form designer changes in ce etc.

isee, there is still no way to freeze values via lua without a real-time timer which checks every stuff.

i wish to see in future another function of readinteger(address,value,setfreeze_param).

regards
chem

FreeER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:39 am    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

The new information is in the main.lua file but no I don't think there's really any list of the actual changes/new features anywhere. Generally if you used to do x_y(x_object, ...) you can now do x_object.y(...).

chemOne wrote:
isee, there is still no way to freeze values via lua without a real-time timer which checks every stuff.
There are two ways (that I know of) to freeze values, the basic way CE provides is to use a timer to constantly write a value, the other is to write a script that changes the code that writes to that value so that it doesn't write to it anymore, effectively freezing it. Obviously the second method is more difficult since you much find, understand, and then change the all of the code that is writing it (if there are 20 different instructions that change it then you'd have to change all 20 to truly freeze it). There is a third related to these two where you simply hook an instruction that runs a lot (like some display code that's constantly reading health to show on the screen) and write to it there instead of an actual "timer"...
jededias
!BEWARE! Deletes post on answer

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Chemony Reply with quote

chemony can add me in skype?
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

use lua to create a memory record and set that to active and set the value.

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: