Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"activateProtection()" in CE Lua.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Corroder
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
atom0s
If you are looking to protect your trainer(s) you are best to do so in your own methods and not whats built into Cheat Engine. Given that Cheat Engine is open source, it leaves its protection methods vulnerable to being publicly visible and easily bypassed.

100% agree. Own protection is the best. For now, I just did 2 ways to protect my trainer :

1. By encrypted script using two methods (e.q : original to base85 and then encrypt to caesar-chiper, or others)
2. Put short script which will close trainer if detect mem scan tools etc, including CE itself

This method not mean impossible to break the trainer, but at least make more harder to break the trainer, specially for newbies.
Anyhow there are no 100% safety way to protect the trainers.

Many peoples who made CE Trainer's have know and deal with CE Decompiler, which should easy to break a CETRAINER.
Except, trainers created by mgr.inz_player. Once, I ever tried to break his CETRAINER using CE DECOMPILER, his trainer just broke but with result ..."Surprise" on trainer script. Very Happy Rolling Eyes

mgr use his own protection and it's true....I am really surprised..... Laughing

Regards
Dr.Disrespect
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@atom0s
@Corroder

Thank you both for the reply.

@Corroder
Would you mind telling me how to detect mem scan tools? I'm really curious. Very Happy

A simple example is better then ten links. Very Happy
atom0s

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corroder wrote:
Quote:
atom0s
If you are looking to protect your trainer(s) you are best to do so in your own methods and not whats built into Cheat Engine. Given that Cheat Engine is open source, it leaves its protection methods vulnerable to being publicly visible and easily bypassed.

100% agree. Own protection is the best. For now, I just did 2 ways to protect my trainer :

1. By encrypted script using two methods (e.q : original to base85 and then encrypt to caesar-chiper, or others)
2. Put short script which will close trainer if detect mem scan tools etc, including CE itself

This method not mean impossible to break the trainer, but at least make more harder to break the trainer, specially for newbies.
Anyhow there are no 100% safety way to protect the trainers.

Many peoples who made CE Trainer's have know and deal with CE Decompiler, which should easy to break a CETRAINER.
Except, trainers created by mgr.inz_player. Once, I ever tried to break his CETRAINER using CE DECOMPILER, his trainer just broke but with result ..."Surprise" on trainer script. Very Happy Rolling Eyes

mgr use his own protection and it's true....I am really surprised..... Laughing

Regards

If you want the best possible method of preventing noobs from stealing your stuff, you are best to inject a DLL into the target process and edit things directly. Remove all forms of API usage (ReadProcessMemory/WriteProcessMemory) since this is the general route noobs will take to 'spy' on trainers. Regardless of how much encryption and junk you add to a trainer, people can just hook simple API and steal the data.

Injected can still suffer from other forms of monitoring and comparisons but there is no one tool to just open and get data that easily with this kind of cheat. You can also add a bunch of other things to prevent people from stealing your work as well this way that is more effective than from a stand-alone trainer.

Corroder
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

atom0s
Quote:
... you are best to inject a DLL into the target process and edit things directly. Remove all forms of API usage (ReadProcessMemory/WriteProcessMemory)...

Again, I am agree by use own DLL to modifying directly a target process for hacks. But, I think some reverse engineering app's like ollybdg, IDApro and others still able to get data from a DLL file and even we delete our DLL file after injected a target process, we still can found 'what changes' inside a target process from kernel32.dll (if use windows 32 bits) or from other windows dll files which handling read/write process memory. Is it right ?.

However, to do that of course need advance reverse engineering skills / knowledge and not for noobs.

Beside, for me, it doesn't matter get scripts and codes for hacks. No matter to share as long as that use for have more fun's while playing games, for learning purpose to grow up programming knowledge.

Just one thing I don't like, some peoples stealing, ripping for scripts and codes (leecher) and then claim/admit it all as their creation and very bad thing is sometimes they sell it to get some advantages for themselves. That's a reason need to protect scripts and codes, sometimes.

Thank for your advice's

Regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: