Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what happened
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sbryzl
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a similar situation to a collection agency. Probably some 3rd party going around offering help to larger companies and organisations so they can squeeze a little off the top. Collection agencies have no idea whether they are making valid arguments or anything about your past or any details other than someone else thinks you owe money. The only way to combat a collection agency is to just not give them anything. That's all you can do.
CyberD3m0n
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, that's horrible Sad

Exactly what do these parties which filed for the C&D think they'll accomplish here? It won't be good for their reputation, it won't raise their monetary gain, it will not protect their IP any more as before and definitely it won't lower the counts of software piracy. It just leaves people sad and angry.

I'll know which companies I won't support anymore, finally some company for the lonely EA.

Darth_Alaks
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recifense wrote:

Just e-mail me. Table is already under testing.

Cheers!

Excuse for importunity. Unfortunately I can't send you pm. I am that illiterate Russian which sent to you an email about tables for Total War series, couple of days ago. You can answer, please? Thanks in advance.
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth_Alaks wrote:

Excuse for importunity. Unfortunately I can't send you pm. I am that illiterate Russian which sent to you an email about tables for Total War series, couple of days ago. You can answer, please? Thanks in advance.

Recifense lives here now
http://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14

Last edited by STN on Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
apollo1
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know for a fact that the guys over at cheathappens.com absolutely hates cheatengine.org for destroying their business. Anytime anyone posts a cheatengine link/table on cheathappens forums it gets taken down immediately.

I can see the cheathappens boys laughing their a$$ off that this situation. In fact, people who profit off trainer making are in the best position to profit from this situation, makes me wonder...*tin foil hat on*.
Caliber
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is everyone pointing fingers at us for this? Is Darkbyte said anything about US being involved in his situation?

You guys DO realize that:

1) we have scripts hosted on our site, similar to CE...
2) we host actual trainers themselves, not just 'scripts'

So we would be just as big of a danger as CE in being 'targeted'...

There are other people who sell trainers, some of whom NOW host CE tables, that also 'benefit' from the 'situation'.

The sad truth is that ANYONE who is making game enhancing software, mods, trainers, or whatever should be concerned by this 'situation'. Personally I wish Darkbyte had the means or whatever to fight this, because we don't need to be setting the example that what we are doing is somehow 'wrong' or 'illegal'... none of this is 'funny' and nobody should be 'laughing their a$$ off'...

As we've always stated, and proven, we support CE and especially Darkbyte.

I am so sick of us being brought up over and over again by the same people. LEAVE US OUT OF IT.
pewple
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Poo Reply with quote

I concur to the opinions that you should get legal opinions, DB.

Because C&D letters are also legal opinions of the attorney(s) who wrote them, which are mostly legal threats or plain intimidations. And that is if they are real and authentic and therefore authoritative of all the parties represented in the first place.

I'm sure there are (U.S. copyright) lawyers here lurking or those who know one or two, so I guess you could sticky a plea for help.

Cheering for you guys who improve our quality of (gaming) life![/b]
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliber wrote:

There are other people who sell trainers, some of whom NOW host CE tables, that also 'benefit' from the 'situation'.

Some of those people volunteered and helped at a time when "nobody with the resources" wanted to do that but grab attention by posting their own fake ddoses (which turned out to be simple site growth and cheap-ass hosting) and the other couldn't be bothered.

Some of those are not benefiting but suffering because he can't post his trainers now where his only traffic was coming from, dunno how some of those people are benefiting?

Leave some of those people alone and there won't be a mention of you but you just can't resist attacking everyone even if you cleverly don't directly use their name.

moneycheat
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo1 wrote:
I know for a fact that the guys over at cheathappens.com absolutely hates cheatengine.org for destroying their business. Anytime anyone posts a cheatengine link/table on cheathappens forums it gets taken down immediately.

I can see the cheathappens boys laughing their a$$ off that this situation. In fact, people who profit off trainer making are in the best position to profit from this situation, makes me wonder...*tin foil hat on*.

Much as i despise sites like CH that charge for trainers Caliber is right. This just dosent affect CE it will affect everyone that makes trainers. In fact i am surprised they didn't go for CH first considering they sell trainers for profit where CE dosent. So to me it dosent really make sense why they targeted CE who don't sell trainers. If these companies dont back down all it will do is drive the trainer makers underground a version of CE bay.
sbryzl
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are larger groups outside of the cheating community that could consider Cheat Engine a threat and would have better resources and skills to accomplish the attacks.
moneycheat
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has Darkbyte asked the ESA if this letter came from them? It seems a bit suss especially that MAF was DDOS but didn't get any letter and no other site has received one including CH.
SinStar87
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
they did reply to my reply, stating they are pleased with my cooperation, so that means the domain the email came from is valid(theesa.com) and they acknowledge that they sent it.

but as of yet have not pointed out anything specific

My Paypal link if you want to send me some money for whatever reason.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Viloresi
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moneycheat wrote:
Has Darkbyte asked the ESA if this letter came from them? It seems a bit suss especially that MAF was DDOS but didn't get any letter and no other site has received one including CH.

There isno need to do that, if the email is fake you can figure it out easily from the email header, darkbyte already did it i think
yaweeeeeeee
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@DarkByte, can you post the text of or a link to the CDO?
apollo1
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This entire situation still doesn't make any sense to me. It seems like a personal attack or one aimed specifically at cheatengine. The only thing they affected was taking the hosting of tables off the cheatengine website and pushing them onto the underground market.

The only thing they accomplished was looking like assholes and causing a slight inconvenience to the user base. As a long time user/lurker i can say that they have slightly inconvenienced me, and if their aim was to troll then they have successfully done it, congrats.

Cheaters gonna cheat, even in MMO which are purely server based still have cheaters. Seems like someone just felt like being an asshole.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: