Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Script problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
manialderson
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:38 am    Post subject: Script problem Reply with quote

There's a way to may work some wrong scripts? I mean i've a table in which this record can't marks and if i click on appears this page
So my answer is: can i enable this script and then use him?

script isaac.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  53.54 KB
 Viewed:  12735 Time(s)

script isaac.png

predprey
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably requires updating the AOB, which requires an intermediate knowledge of using CE, so if you don't you can skip reading the next few lines.

try searching for the two AOBs and see which is the one giving problems.
then shave a few bytes off it and search again to see if you can find it.
you would probably get multiple positive results, so just compare the code around each result with the original code provided by HenryEx to determine which is the right one.
then just update the AOB with the result you found.
manialderson
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No unfortunately i'm not able in this sector but i quickly learn..so if you are so kind to tell me what's AOB or draw up a fast guide on how can i follow exactly every step you have mention, i'll grateful to you
predprey
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:47 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

manialderson wrote:
No unfortunately i'm not able in this sector but i quickly learn..so if you are so kind to tell me what's AOB or draw up a fast guide on how can i follow exactly every step you have mention, i'll grateful to you

aobscanmodule(AOB_SDM,issac-ng.exe, 8b * * * 6A 14 E8 * * * * 85 C0 0F 85)

the part in bold is the AOB, Array of Bytes. the stars are wildcards for any possible byte 0x0 to 0xFF. the reason the cheat cannot be activated is because CE cannot find that AOB in the game's executable, probably because the bytes were changed when the game was updated.

so to update the bytes to the new version in the updated game:

Determining which AOB is problematic:
1. Change CE scan type to "Array of Bytes".
2. Limit scan to "Executable" only, which is a solid check in the clickbox.
3. Copy and paste one of the AOBs into the value field and search.
4. If no results can be found, that AOB needs to be updated.
5. Repeat for the next other AOB.

Updating the AOB:
1. Start by shaving off one byte off the AOB and search again.
2. If a single result is found, replace the AOB in the script with the shaved AOB. Done.
3a. If multiple results are found, right click each of the result, select "Disassemble this memory region" and compare the region of code in memory view with the original code at the end of the script (the part below //ORIGINAL CODE - INJECTION POINT).
3b. Using the result with the region of code that is most similar to the original code, edit the shaved AOB to match only that result by adding a few bytes/wildcards as necessary. Replace the AOB in the script with this new AOB. Done.
4. If no results are found, go back to step 1 shaving another byte off the AOB.

Advanced:
If shaving bytes off the AOB cannot get you a positive result, you would have to search for the updated instructions using "Find assembly code" under the "Search" menu inside "Memory Viewer". You have to search for the instructions in the original code, but replacing addresses and offsets which may have been changed in the update with wildcards.

For Example:
Original Code -
call isacc-ng.exe+135740
test eax,eax
jne isaac-ng.exe+9A255
push eax
call isaac-ng.exe+97520

Search For -
call *
test eax,eax
jne *
push eax
call*

Relevant past tutorials/threads on updating AOBs:
http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=563139&sid=7db707233500b3d975267ac216501688
http://www.cheatengine.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1811474&sid=e2c2435c0f2433664f0a4e37ece6130f
manialderson
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all,thanks you very much for the patience.
Well,i'm following your steps and it's everything clear but at "3" point in "updating AOB" i'm confused because, yes, there are more results (two precisely) and then i click on each of the results "Disassemble this memory region" but i can't understand what compare with the part below //ORIGINAL CODE - INJECTION POINT..
what do you mean with "the region of code"?? When i click on "Disassemble this memory region" i've this page below and i think that i'll should compare the red part with these others 2 red parts in the script..am i wrong?

memory view 2nd AOB.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  135.97 KB
 Viewed:  12682 Time(s)

memory view 2nd AOB.png

script isaac 2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  98.6 KB
 Viewed:  12682 Time(s)

script isaac 2.png

predprey
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep comparing those are correct. the E8 *** etc. code corresponds to the second box in the 2nd picture.
manialderson
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright great but i can't understand some steps yet..in this case which part i should take to add in shaved AOB ? let me see an example: the shaved AOB it's E8 * * * * DC 5C * *
And then with "the region code" you mean the entire red part in the first pic? if yes,only address or bytes,or both?? sorry if i didn't catch i'm a beginner..thanks you again
predprey
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't think the result in the first pic is the correct one. the instruction after fcomp should be fnstsw but the one in the first pic is an or instruction. can you post a pic of the other result you got?

manialderson wrote:
alright great but i can't understand some steps yet..in this case which part i should take to add in shaved AOB ? let me see an example: the shaved AOB it's E8 * * * * DC 5C * *
And then with "the region code" you mean the entire red part in the first pic? if yes,only address or bytes,or both?? sorry if i didn't catch i'm a beginner..thanks you again

by region i mean the few instructions which implies the bytes before and after the AOB. address normally changes with game updates so that is not what we want unless you're thinking of making a cheat with static addresses, but the script we are updating uses AOB scans to know where to inject the cheat code.
manialderson
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it...now listen, i've tried to delete others bytes/wildcards just for curiosity and.. there are appears a lot of results after the scan..how can we find the right way?we should verify each of them? because i think there are an infinity possibility that appears others results deleting the bytes from the same AOB! don't you think?there are a percentage of feature based on the lenght of the AOB? idk...
predprey
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

manialderson wrote:
Got it...now listen, i've tried to delete others bytes/wildcards just for curiosity and.. there are appears a lot of results after the scan..how can we find the right way?we should verify each of them? because i think there are an infinity possibility that appears others results deleting the bytes from the same AOB! don't you think?there are a percentage of feature based on the lenght of the AOB? idk...

yep...which is why i gave advanced method too......and past that once you learn more about assembly you would be able to think of other ways of locating the updated code.

the qns you ask would be similar to saying searching for a value of 1 and having thousands of thousands results appearing.....so you have to think of ways to narrow down the results by searching repeatedly or other ways
manialderson
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mhhh so if i follow that guides and the advanced method it's more hard than this but quickly?right?
i understand my question it's almost impossible...so how can i do?i'm coming to post about this fact bc there weren't nobody that explain me why with mods or others cheating the game can't give achivements..
predprey
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

manialderson wrote:
mhhh so if i follow that guides and the advanced method it's more hard than this but quickly?right?
i understand my question it's almost impossible...so how can i do?i'm coming to post about this fact bc there weren't nobody that explain me why with mods or others cheating the game can't give achivements..

i don't really get what you're saying here. what does a game not giving achievements have to do with this rebirth of isaac script?

as for your qns, i thought you said there were only 2 results? so why would that be impossible? as for the advanced method it's not necessarily always the fastest way.

anyway this is just a crash course in updating AOBs in tables. if you really want to learn more you should really start from the basics by going through the tutorials in the tutorial subforum here, and also the tutorial bundled in CE.
manialderson
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry maybe my english it's too bad bc i'm italian.
i have to unlock a character by donating over 999 coins in a machine. It's too boring so i've tried more cheats to do this but even though i broke the machine over 999 coins the game doesn't give me the character and the related achievement.So the last way was this wrong script that makes "no-jammed" the donation machine(because normally it jammed after 2-3 coins)

yeah i had 2 results from the first shaving to an AOB,but as i say i've tried just for curiosity to delete others bytes and wildcards from the SAME AOB to verify if the scan cannot finds nothing instead were appears a lot of results

713 result.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  76.49 KB
 Viewed:  12594 Time(s)

713 result.png

first edit AOB.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  55.91 KB
 Viewed:  12596 Time(s)

first edit AOB.png

predprey
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaving off bytes is supposed to make more results appear as you are lowering the criteria you are trying to match.

its like trying to find all humans who have brown hair and blue eyes and then lowering the criteria to find all humans with brown hair, so of course the latter set would contain more humans.
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way i see it, this thread is going nowhere despite predprey best efforts to teach him. The OP might possibly learn the tools of the trade but not the trade itself Laughing

Start over from beginning and understand what a byte is and why you're "shaving" them to begin with. My friend dabhand wrote some excellent tuts for noobs
http://dl.atom0s.com/Coding/ASM/asmd1.txt
http://dl.atom0s.com/Coding/ASM/asmd2.txt
http://dl.atom0s.com/Coding/ASM/asmd3.txt

Thanks Wiccan/atomos for the mirrors.

But at this point even the CE tutorial will help.

Quote:
yeah i had 2 results from the first shaving to an AOB,but as i say i've tried just for curiosity to delete others bytes and wildcards from the SAME AOB to verify if the scan cannot finds nothing instead were appears a lot of results

Thanks for the giggles Laughing i wonder what you think you're doing lmao...shave off all the bytes and just search for e8 see how many you can find

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: