Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What does it mean?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hallucination
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:15 am    Post subject: What does it mean? Reply with quote

I'm trying to use CE with RAGS, and I've tracked down a double value that is exactly the number I'm looking for, but changing or freezing it doesn't affect anything. I'm not sure how to actually change the value in the game.

If it matters, I'm affecting the number of points I have for character customization before actually starting the game.
mgostIH
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: What does it mean? Reply with quote

Hallucination wrote:
I'm trying to use CE with RAGS, and I've tracked down a double value that is exactly the number I'm looking for, but changing or freezing it doesn't affect anything. I'm not sure how to actually change the value in the game.

If it matters, I'm affecting the number of points I have for character customization before actually starting the game.

Find out what writes to it, nop out every instruction you get, and then proceed on setting the value you want, it should work as a better freeze alternative.

Hallucination
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: What does it mean? Reply with quote

Quote:
Find out what writes to it, nop out every instruction you get, and then proceed on setting the value you want, it should work as a better freeze alternative.

From what it looks like, the value and the process that writes to it don't actually do anything, it's just pointless (or redundant) data storage.
Death GOD 7
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: What does it mean? Reply with quote

Hallucination wrote:
Quote:

From what it looks like, the value and the process that writes to it don't actually do anything, it's just pointless (or redundant) data storage.

Does it have two address for values?
There may be 2 address
1.display value
2.storage value...
If above doesn't help just scan for pointer

"If you are good at something,never do it for free"-The Joker
I know you are looking at this post, Hitler
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: