Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Meanwhile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:04 am    Post subject: Meanwhile Reply with quote

Saw this

https://www.reddit.com/r/EnterTheGungeon/comments/4hmsac/i_need_help_to_reverseengineer_enter_the_gungeon/

I don't know what to say. I am just sad he is asking everyone on the game's forums to rip apart my trainer and nobody gave two fucks about him while he for some reason didn't think it'd be a good idea to ask me directly.

I am just sad that his first thought is to steal rather than of curiosity. When i first used my very first trainer, i was very amazed. I wanted to know how he made it and learn to do it myself. Google sucked back then and the search engines in general but i stumbled across this tool i don't even remember its name anymore. It had these big +/- buttons and the help sucked, when i made my first cheat - man that was so magical! - with this primitive tool that had just a few buttons and didn't offer anything else. I found Tsearch after that and everything changed, it was a magical journey that i loved so much, i am still here.

It is sad that this man will never experience that because his first thought is to steal rather than of curiosity. It is incredibly easy in today's age with Google and other search engine, all he need to wonder is "how to make my own trainer" and ask google/bing or any search engine rather than "how do i steal".

What a sad moment for this dumbass who wastes endless amount of time on reddit raking up karma while completely clueless about the word. What a dumbass

Kurifodo
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you find it hypocritical that you're complaining about someone wanting to reverse engineer your work that you reverse engineered off of someone else's work?

You made a thread about a 3 month old reddit thread with 0 replies, who is the one wasting time again?

STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You spend your whole life in Horse Shit, i don't care what you think. I mean your comment made me wonder first in all honesty about who you were and why you would say such a thing but after i looked at your post history, yeah you just lost all value. I literally consider you horse shit now and would like to avoid, please go away and leave my thread.
PinPoint
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree STN. even though i dont really have trainers for people to want "steal", He couldve at least asked on your forum, or even here if someone would do a table for him with what he wanted. Or better yet, do it himself, although if he knew what to do, he wouldve know it wouldve taken you minutes probably (since you have hacks for infinite of the stiuff he wants less of) to have a table with the options he asked for.
Zanzer
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny thing is the table already exists here with scripts freely readable. Smile
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i was gonna redirect him to your table if he had asked me. That is my point exactly, he would have learned all these amazing things and experienced such magical joy if he had wanted to learn instead of steal as his first instinct.

And your table is far better than mine. I didn't even like the game but made a trainer anyway because of requests.

SunBeam
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read this:

1. The guy is asking to figure out what the trainer changes in-game and reverse engineer THE GAME.

2. If you reverse engineer someone's work in private, not gloating about it or spreading the word on the internet, that doesn't mean you're not doing the exact same thing.

Here's an example: I get your table, alter the shit out of it, find another hook spot - just to make things simpler, I start from your hook address and choose another address close to it; registers and stack should mostly be the same; hey, I didn't steal your work, did I? (sarcasm).

Point of the self-investigation is to LEARN something from it, to devise a method to obtain same effect with ease in other games. If game's based on an engine and behavior is identical, hell, you can even turn the method generic. Then put it on a piece of paper and ship it across the interwebz and teach the "nubz" (those who want to learn something out of your parkour).

3. Most people care about the game more than studying to reverse it. It's not like they're gonna do it again and again and again (as we did, exactly as you put it, starting with a tool, getting curious, progressing, exercising). No, they just want to play in their personal style. Play, not code or learn assembly.

4. If requested, just create the table (if enough time, passion) and be done with it. No additional comments, no gloating. Sure, some say you're giving out "food" for free, but hey, thought we liked to do this - right? Smile

BR,
Sun
mgr.inz.Player
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indeed, he asked how to RE the game, not the trainer.
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is the posts title:
"I need help to reverse-engineer "enter the gungeon trainer" anyone willing to help?"
I dont think the poster really knows what he is talking about when he says reverse engineer in his post, but i think its clear, to me anyway, that he wants someone to help find out how the trainer works, then modify it to his liking.
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess i am very possessive and anal about my trainer.

I don't want someone to reverse the game BY reversing MY trainer. They can feel free to REVERSE THE GAME BY REVERSING THE GAME just like everyone else here do.

I mean it is probably just me but i am very oldskool. I sure didn't start reversing games by reversing other trainers reversing games. No, the poor ole me just did it the hard way of reversing games by reversing games.

Don't listen to me though, i am very anal about my work and don't think like the majority of people. Maybe i should expand my horizons and start reversing other trainers for reversing games, that will surely cut down my reversing time.

predprey
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:10 am    Post subject: This post has 2 review(s) Reply with quote

"reverse engineer" is the cool new word to use for hippies teenagers like back in the days where everyone likes to call themselves a "hacker" just to be the in kids. now that "hacking" got whitewashed by all the hackathons and propaganda, hippies need to find a new word to make themselves feel el33t. sucks to be those who reverse malwares for a living to have their rep tainted like that lol.

- Confessions of a Hippy
REPPiN
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steyn, I guess he was only wanting to know how to hack the game.. I'm pretty sure he has no intention of ripping the trainer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: