Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you believe in free will?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HackOtaku
I posted the 500000th topic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:04 pm    Post subject: Do you believe in free will? Reply with quote

Just curious what people thought about this. Do you actually decide anything, or is it all an illusion?
Killor1
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Define in your own definition of illusion. I don't quite know the answer to this however I do fill as if some of my actions or deeds in my life were preordained for the future. For example, me trying to learn the true definition on coding as a kid but using it on games and flash bullshit such as Stick Arena. Now, I have to use everything I've learned in my field in the army. So as of right now. I feel like it was all prepared with me thinking i was doing it all on my own but that feeling like it wasn't.
I'm sounding Stupid just let me know.
TheIndianGuy
Advanced Cheater

yes, but there are consequences to each action (both positive and negative). there are an infinite number of choices you can make that will all create alternate realities. even if some things are predestined to 'connect' and be. that does not mean in one of these alternate realities this is always the case. for example, i may have a natural ability with math and while i'm using it to my advantage in this reality in my area of study that does not mean i could have potentially created another alternate reality where i went into a different field. maybe two people are meant to be soul mates; in one reality they find one another, in another they don't.

Last edited by TheIndianGuy on Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Kurifodo
I post too much

I'm an evangelical christian, so I share the belief that we do have freewill.

The BIble is the word of God, it is a petition from God to mankind. So why would God petition mankind if man does not have the ability to choose?

Deleted User 197371

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link
Killor1
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheIndianGuy wrote:
yes, but there are consequences to each action (both positive and negative). there are an infinite number of choices you can make that will all create alternate realities. even if some things are predestined to 'connect' and be. that does not mean in one of these alternate realities this is always the case. for example, i may have a natural ability with math and while i'm using it to my advantage in this reality in my area of study that does not mean i could have potentially created another alternate reality where i went into a different field. maybe two people are meant to be soul mates; in one reality they find one another, in another they don't.

That last statement. You believe that?
TheIndianGuy
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:14 am    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

Killor1 wrote:
TheIndianGuy wrote:

That last statement. You believe that?

Quote:
maybe
HackOtaku
I posted the 500000th topic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killor1 wrote:
Define in your own definition of illusion. I don't quite know the answer to this however I do fill as if some of my actions or deeds in my life were preordained for the future. For example, me trying to learn the true definition on coding as a kid but using it on games and flash bullshit such as Stick Arena. Now, I have to use everything I've learned in my field in the army. So as of right now. I feel like it was all prepared with me thinking i was doing it all on my own but that feeling like it wasn't.
I'm sounding Stupid just let me know.

By illusion I mean, let's say that I wake up tomorrow and decide to make eggs instead of toaster strudles for breakfast. Did I actually choose to do that, or was I always going to do that? My roommate argues that we're basically input output machines that behave in accordance to everything we've learned up to each moment in our lives, and we are always going to rationalize things the same things based on our past experiences, so we never actually have the capability to be "free" in any sense.

There's also the argument that physics (except quantum mechanics, currently) behaves predictably, and that if that's the case, and everything in the world can be explained as mathematical processes, then there is also no room for free will. There is only cause and effect and everything is going the only way it possibly could go from the moment of the creation of the universe.

I don't firmly believe anything, but I do think similarly to TIG. There are many realities as possibilities for everyone, infinitely many, but not in the sense that there's a reality where I become president. More like there are an infinite number of decisions I make every day that slightly change the trajectory of my life. There are a lot of lanes available, but only so many destinations, if that makes sense. It could just be wishful thinking on my part though.
mdthr
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no

also find book "the tao of physics"
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
M.
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This exact thread has been posted in RS so many times
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Random spam All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: