| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
thorigor How do I cheat?
Reputation: 0
Joined: 24 Feb 2016 Posts: 3
|
Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:22 pm Post subject: Hacking timer - found 10 digit address in 4-bytes. Now what? |
|
|
Game - Pixel Puzzles - UndeadZ on Steam.
Reason - They have a shitty top-down-shooter on the menu and there's an achievement for surviving ONE HOUR in it. There's not even a pause button.
Found the address by searching for 4-bytes. It is the correct one because I can freeze the in-game timer by locking it.
Here are examples of address value and the corresponding time in game:
1076101120 - 0:01:10
1076232192 - 0:01:11
1076363264 - 0:01:12
...
1077673984 - 0:01:28
It appeared to be increasing by 131072 for each second, but at 1 min 28 seconds it's not matching anymore.
Does anyone know what should I insert to change the timer to 0:59:50 or something? Thanks! |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
thorigor How do I cheat?
Reputation: 0
Joined: 24 Feb 2016 Posts: 3
|
Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:43 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Up... ? |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
atom0s Moderator
Reputation: 205
Joined: 25 Jan 2006 Posts: 8588 Location: 127.0.0.1
|
Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:53 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Something you should look into is making sure that the value is 4 bytes and not something else. Add the address to your table then right-click and choose 'Find What Accesses This Address' or 'Find What Writes To This Address'.
From there a window will popup and show what is using that location. You can then determine the value size as well as the code being used to calculate the value. The value you are seeing may only be 2 bytes, or you are on the wrong address (off by 1 or 2 bytes type thing etc.). _________________
- Retired. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
thorigor How do I cheat?
Reputation: 0
Joined: 24 Feb 2016 Posts: 3
|
Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:43 am Post subject: |
|
|
Thanks for your answer.
I re-scanned using byte, 2 bytes, 4 bytes and 8 bytes. All of them showed one result, 8 bytes showed 2.
I can use the "find out what is accessing this address" function, but the results are incomprehensible for me (I'm a noob in CE).
I think that at this point I'll just use CE to pause the game while I beat the 1-hour nightmare for real.
EDIT:
I saw in another topic that timers are usually stored in form of floats or doubles.
I re-scanned and found a double for Seconds and one for Minutes. They work individually. But when I set for instance, 59:50, when the cycle completes it goes back to 59:00. So basically they work in cycles but one does not trigger the other...
Damn, this is hard  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|