Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why I dislike windows 10
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:59 am    Post subject: Why I dislike windows 10 Reply with quote

Ok, I hadn't turned on this system for over 3 months (because it has windows 10) but really... I needed to check out something on there (windows 10 bug in the virtualqueryex api that affects CE's memory scanning which I had to check out)
So now I first have to spend time getting this fixed before I can continue my work

And people wonder why I'm still on windows 7

Edit: Nvm, I think I just picked the wrong system. (I have multiple old crappy ones I hardly use)

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping

Last edited by Dark Byte on Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:11 am; edited 3 times in total
hhhuut
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
A component of the operating system has expired

Lol ... Have you tried to turn it off and on again? Razz
lolcocks
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: Why I dislike windows 10 Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
Ok, I hadn't turned on this system for over 3 months (because it has windows 10) but really... I needed to check out something on there (windows 10 bug in the virtualqueryex api that affects CE's memory scanning which I had to check out)
So now I first have to spend time getting this fixed before I can continue my work

And people wonder why I'm still on windows 7

Edit: Nvm, I think I just picked the wrong system. (I have multiple old crappy ones I hardly use)

Make sure you have build 10586 running. The builds prior to that one were full of crap. It wasn't even a complete software, I have no idea why the released it on such an early stage with all the bugs.
ThePlug
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only idiots who don't mind being spied on use Windows 10.

Don't believe me? pastebin . com/raw/h9Ud1bqM
Antagonist
Cheater
Ban

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My computer genius friends are the real mvp i will forever have IT support for free. I still have windows 7, but I don't like the UI :/

tough guy talix wrote:
i've had it with your shit. fuck outta here
Godcheatslife
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also redonkulously hard to get to the desktop. Trying to windows key + d doesn't work. Lame
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works just fine, maybe your keyboard isn't working or you don't know what you are doing. People said the same things about windows xp when it first came out but then couldn't get enough of it.

I have been using windows 10 since the day it came out and it was buggy at first but most bugs have been fixed.

I don't really mind being spied on, the government does it, google does it why the hell not MS? it will only help them bring a more polished version of windows.

Csimbi
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows 10 is bloatware without real backwards compatibility.
Tons of new stuff you'll never need are included and eat up disk space, but the things that you'd expect to be running flawlessly just don't work. (lotsa bling bling but no gain)
dgVoodoo helps with some games.
MS lost focus (and hence failed) when they tried bringing xbox, phones, tablets, laptops and PC under the same hood.
Maybe Windows 11 will be for the PCs...
Though Linux is getting more and more attention everywhere I go, so by the time MS wakes up, they might have missed the train...
Windows 7 remains the undisputed best OS for the PC.
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There won't be a windows 11. MS plans to keep updating windows 10 forever.

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/microsoft-confirms-there-will-be-no-windows-11-1293309

Csimbi
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, heard that before.
I also heard that "640K ought to be enough for anybody".
Same company.
They have a history of making wrong statements.
Why would Windows 10 be any different?
You just wait.
atom0s

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows 10 has an end of life date already, October 13, 2020.

Given their current direction of what they are doing with Windows by inheriting Linux into their system, I foresee them actually dropping Windows entirely and moving more towards their own Linux distro that will have either a base fee similar to how Red Hat is sold or have a service model where you pay for specific pieces of the system that you are interested in. More or less like an ala carte setup.

For example, if you are someone that is interested in Windows for gaming, you would probably not need anything extra on top of the base distro and would probably just pay a small initial fee (if any at all at that point). If you are a host for services, you may pay for a virtualization package that includes Microsofts personal in-house Linux-based virtualization applications. Even then it could just come down to paying for support or a subscription fee to obtain updates or something.

But I don't think Windows is going to last after Windows 10 based on how much they are adopting Linux into their stack currently between Windows 10 getting an internal Linux command line as well as their new Azure services being built ontop of Linux.

sbryzl
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The death knell would be a better system to port Windows games to Linux.
Csimbi
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbryzl wrote:
The death knell would be a better system to port Windows games to Linux.

You do realize that's already a reality, right?
sbryzl
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I've played games through wine and virtual machine on linux but that's why I said better. Those systems need to be improved to make it easier for anyone to install and run windows games reliably on linux including the triple A titles. As of now it's still touch and go and that's if you know your way around linux pretty well.
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows is going to be here forever, at least until other OSes step up and provide some competition to windows which i don't see happening anytime soon as they are all still stuck in the 70 and 80s.

I am a power user and know how to figure stuff out but even i don't want to type commands all day for doing basic stuff much less the retarded population - which is like >90% of the PC users. I can only see J&J Tylenol benefiting from this because everyone would get migraines and headaches all day from using their PCs, i get a minor headache every time i have to setup a VPS and that doesn't comprise even 0.00001% of my daily computer use, i can't imagine if i had to do that all day (oh boy).

The future is A.I and smart computers who will read your mind and do things without you having to use a mouse and keyboard, that will happen one day. Microsoft moving towards a linux distro must be the craziest if not stupidest thing i will ever hear, they sure have made some crazy decisions but they aren't stupid to go back to the 80s when the world is moving ahead into A.I.

If it wasn't for all the bad press windows 10 got, everyone would be loving it. The mentality of the population is like sheep, you can guide them where you want if you know how to manipulate them. That is what happened with windows 10. People who are so dumb, they don't know how to turn on their computer are worried about Microsoft spying on them when they give their most intimate info to Google and Apple when they use their cellphones but its okay because nobody is talking about it.

Linux does have its place though, for servers because they're free and doesn't take a lot of resources which is essential because the servers sold are really shitty and crappy. They have no place for a personal computer though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: