Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

need help at dying light table pls (backpackeditor error)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
grannylover2000
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject: need help at dying light table pls (backpackeditor error) Reply with quote

ok first of all im total noob dunno if this is the right section for this and all that:D
im using cheat engine for dying light and since a few days my backpackeditor is not working anymore, everytime if i click "update" this error msg is coming

Error:[string "ItemTable = {}
..."]:18: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value

for my friend its working totally fine so it must be a problem from my side.
tryd deleting everything with cheat engine on computer and reinstall.
tryd several tables old and new ones, cant get it to wotk:(

anybody has some advice?
ty for all answers
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an error in the script you're using. Posting the Lua script or linking to the cheat table you're using would be helpful.

You can try copying the table from your friend's computer and put it on yours (assuming you both have the same game version).

grannylover2000
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ParkourPenguin wrote:
It's an error in the script you're using. Posting the Lua script or linking to the cheat table you're using would be helpful.

You can try copying the table from your friend's computer and put it on yours (assuming you both have the same game version).

yeah we both have the newest gameversion.
sry dunno whats lua script, thats part of the im noob thing^^

he told me what to do to get it to work. im actually using the same table like him atm but still getting this error.
also it doesnt matter wich table i use the backpackeditor works on none of them but the table itself with unbreakable weapons and all this is works fine.

im using "DyingLightGame3.8.ct" and CE 6.5 offcourse.

ty for helping an noob:)

DyingLightGame 3.8.ct
 Description:
oh i can put this here? well thats what i use.

Download
 Filename:  DyingLightGame 3.8.ct
 Filesize:  74.16 KB
 Downloaded:  2315 Time(s)

ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to Table -> Show Cheat Table Lua Script (Ctrl + Alt + L) to bring up the Lua script window. The 18 in that error code means that the error occurred on line 18. "attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value" simply means that you tried to do math with nothing. With that, you can figure out what's wrong by looking at the line of code:
WeapPack = readQword(readQword("ItemEditData")+0x60)+0x40

So two things could be happening that cause that error. The first is that the symbol lookup for the symbol "ItemEditData" is failing due to it not being allocated. This causes the rightmost readQword(...) to return nil, subsequently resulting in that error. The second is that either the address of ItemEditData or the address of [ItemEditData]+0x60 isn't a valid pointer, causing the right/left readQword(...) to return nil, again subsequently resulting in that error.

So, how to solve this?
If you can't enable the Backpack Editor script, then it's probably the first thing that's wrong. In that case, try this:
  1. Load up the game and get to a point in which you would enable the Backpack Editor script (probably while in-game; do NOT enable the script even if you can).
  2. In the main CE window, set writable, executable, and copy-on-write checkboxes to grey.
  3. Set the "Value Type" to AoB.
  4. Scan for the AoB used to define ItemEditDataAOB: 48 8B 78 60 48 8B D9
  5. If one result pops up, great, it's working as it should (also not great since we still don't know what the problem is).
  6. If multiple results pop up, then you'll need to find out which one is correct and add more bytes from that result until you only get that result.
  7. If no results pop up, then you're pretty much SOL.

TLDR; This is what I think is probably wrong:
If the Backpack script can be enabled, then it's probably the second aforementioned thing that's wrong. Hopefully, it's merely due to the section of ASM at ItemEditStart (declared in the Backpack Editor script) not having been run prior to you attempting to edit your inventory. To try to make it run, you can first enable the script and then mess around in the game a bit, especially with your inventory. Now try to do whatever it was you were doing when you got that error.

If it still doesn't work after playing in the game for several minutes (and significantly messing around with your inventory), then you're pretty much SOL as well since that script (or the offsets that it uses) are invalid for that game version. If the script itself is wrong, then first of all I'll be surprised if the Backpack Editor script can be enabled, and secondly, you'll have to find where it is now which is probably near impossible for you. If it's the offsets that are wrong, then you can try using the structure dissector to try to find whatever value you're looking for and get the offsets to that value, but that's more advanced stuff that I can't directly help you out with.

grannylover2000
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ParkourPenguin wrote:
Go to Table -> Show Cheat Table Lua Script (Ctrl + Alt + L) to bring up the Lua script window. The 18 in that error code means that the error occurred on line 18. "attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value" simply means that you tried to do math with nothing. With that, you can figure out what's wrong by looking at the line of code:
WeapPack = readQword(readQword("ItemEditData")+0x60)+0x40

So two things could be happening that cause that error. The first is that the symbol lookup for the symbol "ItemEditData" is failing due to it not being allocated. This causes the rightmost readQword(...) to return nil, subsequently resulting in that error. The second is that either the address of ItemEditData or the address of [ItemEditData]+0x60 isn't a valid pointer, causing the right/left readQword(...) to return nil, again subsequently resulting in that error.

So, how to solve this?
If you can't enable the Backpack Editor script, then it's probably the first thing that's wrong. In that case, try this:
  1. Load up the game and get to a point in which you would enable the Backpack Editor script (probably while in-game; do NOT enable the script even if you can).
  2. In the main CE window, set writable, executable, and copy-on-write checkboxes to grey.
  3. Set the "Value Type" to AoB.
  4. Scan for the AoB used to define ItemEditDataAOB: 48 8B 78 60 48 8B D9
  5. If one result pops up, great, it's working as it should (also not great since we still don't know what the problem is).
  6. If multiple results pop up, then you'll need to find out which one is correct and add more bytes from that result until you only get that result.
  7. If no results pop up, then you're pretty much SOL.

TLDR; This is what I think is probably wrong:
If the Backpack script can be enabled, then it's probably the second aforementioned thing that's wrong. Hopefully, it's merely due to the section of ASM at ItemEditStart (declared in the Backpack Editor script) not having been run prior to you attempting to edit your inventory. To try to make it run, you can first enable the script and then mess around in the game a bit, especially with your inventory. Now try to do whatever it was you were doing when you got that error.

If it still doesn't work after playing in the game for several minutes (and significantly messing around with your inventory), then you're pretty much SOL as well since that script (or the offsets that it uses) are invalid for that game version. If the script itself is wrong, then first of all I'll be surprised if the Backpack Editor script can be enabled, and secondly, you'll have to find where it is now which is probably near impossible for you. If it's the offsets that are wrong, then you can try using the structure dissector to try to find whatever value you're looking for and get the offsets to that value, but that's more advanced stuff that I can't directly help you out with.

first ty for helping me man.

but honestly i have no plan what the hell you talking bout:(
also im having an hard time understand what you sayin cause my real language is not english.
even the non advanced stuff you said before is an absolute miracle to me.
im not just an noob im an fully 100% noob in this stuff.
i tryed to understand but cant lol
all i got is how to see line 18 but it seems to be fine, everything else, nooo plan at all.
maybe you want to join my teamspeak and help me with teamviewer real quick? or explain what to do? if you have time of course. cause it seems you know exactly what to do and its not a big deal(for you^^)
i would even gift you an game on steam or something:)

thank you and greez
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to probably fix it:
  1. Enable the "Backpack Editor" script
  2. Play in the game for a minute
  3. Make sure you mess around with your inventory a bunch (i.e. move stuff around or whatever)
  4. Go back in CE and see if you get that error again

Rosiel
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello here, i have maybe same problem with backpack editor, i can activate the script, but cannot open the editor, here is the error

Error:[string "EditorShow()"]:1: attempt to call a nil value (global 'EditorShow')

I didn't find editorshow string in actual backpack editor script.

Please help with fixing that problem..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: