Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using the engine with RAGs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lafate
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:13 pm    Post subject: Using the engine with RAGs Reply with quote

has anyone done this before? I'm trying all the little tricks I've read before and just the straight number I'm looking for. Can seem to lock onto anything.
Rydian
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... "RAGs"?
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He probably ask about RAGS Rapid Adventure Game Creation System
zargod
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would likewise be interested in any ideas or insights into how to get Cheat Engine working with RAGS/Rapid Adventure Game Creation System
seden
Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here, and yes, RAGS = Rapid Adventure Game creation System.

A text + image tool allowing for game to be made.

This one require mostly good writing skills then, an organised hoard of images/photos as to have what you need (always quicker than searching after finding what you need).

In any case, it would be quite usefull.
Rydian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got any examples?

IIRC there was one people were using for a game called Trap Quest where it turns out the stuff was kept big-endian in RAM manually for some reason.

Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several, these game have been develloped for over 7 year, and probable longer than that.

Then, Ive mostly quite adult one so far, list including Trap Quest.

Corruption of Champion, one of the biggest, more develloped and still ongoing so far.
Tits (Trial of Tainted Space), cousin of the former.
Tales of the Drunken Cowboy
The Lilith Device (ongoing)

+Several others, both over .rag and gblorb (two of the main text+img game engine of that type).

Value stocked in ram then, guess it require a look then. For some (Tits), finding values is alright, while with quite some others, no good results so far.
Rydian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corruption of Champions... that's flash? Or did somebody re-do it in an RAG format? I mean the one with "Damnit Kiha" and Bimbo Sophie™ and like, stuff.

And TITS is flash too? Never played much but I'm definitely sure it was flash.

And that Lilith thing, wasn't that "My pet Lilith" or whatever... and wasn't that flash as well?

Wasn't aware people made them into totally different engines for some reason...

How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like a rags howto too,

as for example game:
lilithdevice blogspot

with rags its a bit tricky, one time i find all values(for example in the game cursed the magic value), and can change them the entire playthrou, on the other day, i cannot find anything, or its for 1-2 turns, than it jumps to another region for the value.

edit: hm... with 6.5 and double i find again values rather easy, with 6.4 it didn't work always.
beirirangu
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:38 am    Post subject: Newby here, but I think I found something Reply with quote

Upon searching the game TITS (Trials In Tainted Space), I actually found a whole 7 things that can be controlled with the main Cheat Engine system:

1. Shield: 4 Bytes, VERY simple to get and most useful when locked with up

2. Time: 4 Bytes, I only found the hour one, but it works all the same

3. Health: 8 Bytes, Pretty easy to find, but not really needed thanks to the shield

4. Credits: Double (Truncated) , there're two addresses, but one's actually the display address, so the one that doesn't show the change until you move around is the right one

5. Experience: Double (Truncated) , same as with credits: 1 address for the figure, 1 for the display

6. Energy: Double (Truncated) , kinda the same as Credits/EXP, but has two additional addresses attached to the display one that don't seem to do anything

7. Lust: Double (Truncated) , same as energy

But be warned: the display numbers aren't exactly truncated, nor are they exactly rounded, either, since they seem to get bumped up at around .89, so they're not exactly easy, nor reliable things to get
bowen324
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: regarding RAGS Reply with quote

Depending on the complexity of the game in question, you will either have success by searching for doubles with the exact amount you are looking for or no success at all.

Most rags games are liner (a simple "choose your own adventure" with some variables) and the Double value works just fine for finding the value you are looking for.

If the game in question isn't liner though it's probably built in a complex array in order to track all the stats of all the characters. When this is the case even the rags debugging tool released with the developer version is ineffectual at changing anything contained within an array (which is usually close to everything)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: