Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guides: Pointer Scanner + Injection Copies + AOB To Data
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
henrysimon
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice thread, really helped me out on finding the pointer,

the downside of pointer is we need to reload the game to check which is static and which is not...... (really annoying if the game take long time to load)
Rydian
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why I tend to use AOBs/injection or AOBs to data, less hassle in the long run.
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone give this dude a rep+! Very Happy
[how to give Reputation? xD]

your tut is great!
it helps me a lot on an easy online game Smile feel so good all thanks to ya

PimpinRice
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm there is only one problem I have. I implemented this successfully for my game but when I die and respawn, this game of mine is FPS, I re-tick it and it doesn't update itself or renew to the new location address. It only works once when I go into a game. How do make this work over and over when I die and respawn?

EDIT - Nevermind I figured it out
Rydian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, did a big update. I added Injection Copies as the second method in the tutorial because I've noticed the "this register has the address I want, how do I get it"? question coming up and the general process is usable for a lot of things.
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:18 pm    Post subject: Guns Gore and Cannoli Reply with quote

This game is a nightmare when it comes to health. Not only do you not know the exact value for health or damage done is, it seams as if there are several things keeping track of health. 2 separate 4 byte addresses, a float address, and who knows what else all store the health. Shocked So even if i fix 1, i still die. Pointer scans have a hard time, and I haven't gotten the hang of the auto injection yet. Plus the game addresses rapidly update/change, its new, and kind of like a flash game, so yeah. Can you make a script with infinite health and do a tutorial on how you did it so I can figure out where I'm going wrong? Btw, great tutorials, I'm learning a lot.

Last edited by Arthur Wellesley on Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rydian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... what game?

And does it work if you freeze all of them?

And have you tried unknown initial scan and not ever typing in what you see on the screen?

Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the game was in the subject line, guns gore and canolli. this one has a table for an older version, but the health was updated in version 1.1.1. And yes I've done unknown initial scan, however a slight problem. I'm stuck with a laptop for now, saving for a new comp. And my laptop ram/ processors are really shitty. So it can take like 15 minutes at minimum just for the original scan on this game. If I choose unknown initial value on all that is. So I scanned from 4 bytes and float, the top 2 usual suspects. and others, but crashes happened several times to so all the data was reset, again.

Oh and once i tried freezing all, not only did the game freeze, my laptop did, and crashed essentially, Had to manually reboot.
Rydian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, nobody pays attention to the subject line because the thread itself is the subject.

Well I don't have that game on Steam so all I can give is advice, and it'd be to do an unknown initial scan and then decreased when you get hit, then another decreased when you get hit, then an unchanged when you don't get hit to filter it down a lot in the first few scans.

Once you have an address you can right-click it, find what writes, and when you get hit it'll show a thing and you can screenshot the code and then go back to that code next time a lot faster without an unknown scan.

Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's what I meant. For example, searching in 4 bytes I Found 2 sets of addressees that were in identical pairs and values, like they were say 1234*** and with a list of values like 250, 21758, 164782, etc. and another set as say abcd*** with the same exact values. They both went up and down exactly the same at the same time. Yet they both had a different offset, one was plus 70 the other was plus 00000084 or something like that. I wish I had taken a screen shot. Also, I'd buy you a copy cause it's on sale on steam for like 7 bucks. Which is why I got it, and no one has posted a table yet. If u want Rydian, pm me and ill pm you my steam name, so ill friend u and buy you a copy.
Rydian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the offer but I've got too much on my plate right now to mess around with it.

Try freezing addresses and see which one is your actual health and will stop you from dying.

Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough, But I tell you, it seems there are multiple values to freeze. I once fixed my health solid, I froze the 2 4 biyte values that were lowest and matched, around 206 when i froze them. It actually worked for 45 seconds before the game crashed Sad . Oh well. Well if you ever have the time and get it, I'd love a tutorial on it because its just so, strange.
DarkDolphin
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Can anyone see the full-size image just above these lines on the Injection Copies section?:

Quote:

The first line, the globalalloc() function, is shorthand for allocating some memory and registering a label to
it globally for other scripts and things to use. The first argument is the name for the label. Personally I
pick something like _xbase because I try to use an underscore to mark things exposed for the table, and I try
to name the base address value copies something meaningful. The second argument is the number of bytes
to allocate. For 32-bit programs and things using less than 4GB of RAM, in most cases you'll only need 4

The second addition is what tells the game to actually copy the base address for us. In almost all cases
it's as simple as telling AA to do "move, into the value of the allocated memory, the contents of the register".
Replace the register with whatever one is actually used with the offset in the original code, of course.

(the image with two red rectangles)

If so, can you type the codes for me please?

(Only parts that are different from the image above)
Rydian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redid the images, they should be clickable links now.

If you still can't see them either in the thread or on the link, it's probably your ad blocker thinking they're ads due to the folder/file name.

Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works perfectly now! Thanks. I even see it full-size without clicking on the link.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Tutorials All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: