Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"I don't know what you did..."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Source -> DBVM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stromae
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:53 am    Post subject: "I don't know what you did..." Reply with quote

I'm building a custom version of Cheat Engine named "Check Cashed" (proper credits given, by the way).

A game has extensive Cheat Engine checks, and if it detects Cheat Engine, the game closes. It's easy to bypass it: Change the registry directory and the name of the application.

For the third version of my program, I decided to try another method to make my program undetectable. Rather than opening an Hex editor and replacing all known instances of "Cheat Engine" to "Check Cashed, i'll just edit the source and recompile it from scratch.

Not everything was edited, of course, so I just edited the rest with an Hex editor like before. And it works. It goes effectively undetected.

Now, the problem is that DBVM doesn't work. There is the famous unsigned driver error, but I fixed that on my system by allowing unsigned drivers to run. I also completely recompiled DBVM from the source (everything worked).

I can get to the stage where the DBK64 logo pops up in the corner, but then this error pops up:

i. imgur. com/ 1zQ34Yw. png (Can't post URLs :/ Also, remove the spaces)

And I don't know how to fix it.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get DbgView (sysinternals) and see if you can get more details from that.
Perhaps even recompile the driver with some extra debug outputs.

Did you compile the driver yourself? If so, did you use the build procedure for the unsigned version ? (ce.bat, not CES.bat)
The version that will be signed will refuse to load the vmdisk.img file if the vmdisk.img.sig file doesn't contain a valid hash with a proper signature

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Stromae
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
Get DbgView (sysinternals) and see if you can get more details from that.
Perhaps even recompile the driver with some extra debug outputs.

Did you compile the driver yourself? If so, did you use the build procedure for the unsigned version ? (ce.bat, not CES.bat)
The version that will be signed will refuse to load the vmdisk.img file if the vmdisk.img.sig file doesn't contain a valid hash with a proper signature

I used ce.bat
Should I use ces?

Also, I'm going to get the debugger asap
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Source -> DBVM All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: