Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Entries relative to other entry?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MindCaged
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:47 pm    Post subject: Entries relative to other entry? Reply with quote

Is there currently any easy way of making other table entries use another table entry like a pointer? Say you have a character data block, is there a way to set say one table entry to the base address of that data block, and have other entries offset from that entry, so you could copy and paste the block for a different character and only have to change the one address and not have to offset every single address. Although with static addresses you can do this somewhat easily by using the recalculate addresses command or the smart edit command I have seen a few bugs with headers, like if the header is collapsed it doesn't edit the subentries, so you have to make sure all the headers are expanded.

On a somewhat related note, is there a way to lock an entry to the value of another entry. The most common example of this would be locking the Current HP value to the Maximum HP Value for instance. Sure you could lock it to a given amount, though in some games this causes the HP bar to glitch if the value is too high.

I guess you could do the later with a script, although there aren't a lot of simple sample scripts for Lua scripting so I'm a little lost as to how to do that. And I think there's still some intricacies of Lua scripting that either aren't documented or only obcurely documented.
Rydian
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the first, I make aob scans to the player structure and then each cheat entry is like, _playerbase+0c for the address field.
http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=572465
"AOB To Data"

As far as scripts for infinite HP and stuff, here.
http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=570083

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you have an address, you can add children under it and give them addresses like
Code:

+10

the child will then get the parents address, and adds 10 to it
you can use this when you have a pointer and don't feel like changing the offset each time

to lock a value to another one use the (description) value after freezing an address
e.g:
you have an entry called health and an entry called maxhealth
you then freeze health, and then change the value to
Code:

(maxhealth)

every time ce writes health it will then check the current value of maxhealth and use that

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
MindCaged
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like exactly what I was looking for. I did not see this anywhere, I'll have to try it. So does the +10 thing reference the entry above it, or do you use the first address as a header and make the others subentries?

For the second thing, does that work if the entry name has spaces or does it have to be all one word?

Edit: Nevermind, I tested it out. You put it as a subentry for the first, and yes to the spaces. BTW, this is /exactly/ what I was looking for, and I don't remember seeing it in the documentation.

Is there any way to make it relative to a different address like Entry Name+10, though I expect that would use a symbol, is there any special syntax for referencing a table entry instead of a symbol?

On a somewhat related matter(At least to me), is there a way to auto-collapse a group on loading the table without the hide when not activated option? Because if you use that and the header is a base address then you'll lock the value at the base address if you enable it... Although I suppose if I add the manual expand options then I don't have to activate it to get to the subentries... Edit: Found another work around I think, set the base entry to a 0 length byte array that way there's nothing for it to lock.

Edit: For the +10 format, will Smart Edit or Recalculate address allow you to change offsets, or does it all have to be done manually? If it's anything like my experience with pointers in the past, I'll have to set each offset manually.

Dark Byte wrote:
if you have an address, you can add children under it and give them addresses like
Code:

+10

you can use this when you have a pointer and don't feel like changing the offset each time

to lock a value to another one use the (description) value after freezing an address
e.g:
you have an entry called health and an entry called maxhealth
you then freeze health, and then change the value to
Code:

(maxhealth)

every time ce writes health it will then check the current value of maxhealth and use that
Zec
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, this topic is pretty old, but my question relates exactly to what was discussed...

I am working on a teleporter. I use aob + inject, to get the addresses for coord XYZ and waypoint XYZ.

My Problem is that the WP Z is always on the ground and when I write WP Z into coord Z my player drops through the ground.

Is it possible to add/sub a value from the source value?

Like Num-* sets value of coorZ to (wpz)+1

I tried (wpz)1+, (wpz+1) but both do not work. wpz is always being used.

Edit: had a typo in my script. It exactly works as described in my own post. Smile
123iamking
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
Code:

+10

Hi, If I want to +10 on the value of parent (instead of address of parent), then how can I do it?
Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: