Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting bluetooth to work on my PS3 controller

View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkedone02
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject: Getting bluetooth to work on my PS3 controller Reply with quote

I have an ASUS Rampage V motherboard that has bluetooth built on to the motherboard, and I am having some fusterating issues with trying to connect my PS3 controller to pair correctly. I've been following loads of steps such as installing the drivers from DS3 tools, then try to find a way to pair them, but have no success...

Every guide tells me to go buy a bluetooth dougle but why should I buy a dougle if my motherboard has it built in? all the guides keep saying that and provide no guide for those who have build in bluetooth on there motherboards.
alanze
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should buy a dougle because it's quality is higher in boot terms of radio signal and drivers/compatibility with other devices.
Some computers (especially metallic cased desktops) have trouble sending out the signal from the case because of the
metallic parts (especially if that parts are connected to ground), in this case you can't pair devices, you need an external antena.
Anyway here is a check list:
make sure that is enabled in bios,
after entering windows check if the bt-device is also started,
if not press the on/off button or the associated hotkey to turn it on,
verify the driver in device manager
run this command at the cmd console: rundll32 shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL bthprops.cpl,,1
in the settings window make sure that the following options are ticked:
Turn discovery on; Allow bluetooth devices to connect...; Alert me when a new bluetooth device...;
Read the motherboard user guide to find more info about the bt-device, how to set up in bios,
how to start it/install drivers/configure it/pair it, if the card is class 3 or 2, and so on.
Finally read the PS3 controller user guide, there is descibed everything:
what os is supported, where to get the drivers, how to pair the controller...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: